Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this same message over on Fitness and Weight Management and then realized I might get additional comments over here.

I am just wondering anyone's experience with these products. They are herbal and botanically based skin care and cosmetics. I'd appreciate any pros or cons on the products.

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Well, I've tried the Arbonne cold remedy but it is not really any different than what my naturopath gives me and she stresses the importance of "natural" ingredients. So, I buy her cold remedy instead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Please check the ingredients list from the Arbonne rep before you buy.

Not all of their products are completely natural - they use SOME natural ingredients and say it's natural. I haven't used any of them, because after I checked out the ingredients list I wasn't happy with what was in them.

Hope that helps,

Cara

·
Registered
85 Posts
I almost purchased some Arbonne products, then I recieved some samples but couldn't use them for my kiddo because he reacts to some of the preservatives/ synthetic ingredients in them.

I found a shampoo by accident one day, but liked it so much because it is organic there are no preservatives and it has really helped clear my toddlers eczema.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The shampoo I found for my ds is called sunflower shampoo , it's made by Miessence. It is truly all natural and does not have any preservatives in it or nut oils, which was essential for my ds.
I works well, I started using the shampoo and conditioner for my difficult curly hair.

What really attracted my to miessence was the bodywash.
It was a miracle for my ds, it is the only one out of tons of natural products that didn't give my ds a rash.
We were using tubes and tues of eczema creme (natural and prescription, and now we just use his body wash and make sure to moisturize, it's so nice that he is not scratching constantly)

If you pm me I can send you an ingerdient list , I liked it so much I became a part-time representative, and I never thought I'd go into sales!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslearning2
I liked it so much I became a part-time representative, and I never thought I'd go into sales!
I feel the same way about Natural Family Boutique. I'm a consultant, but pretty much just so I can get the discount. I am so not a sales person. I've never heard of Miessence, have they been around long?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know that they were certified organic in 2001, It startted in the late 1990 by a woman and her husband, I think forum rules don't allow posting links to your site, but there is a miessence banner on the site, ( I hope that's not a breech of the rules to mention)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.