1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.recyclediapers.com/

????

I dont get it?

"a disposable diaper adapted by the "GADGET" to allow the plastic part to be recycled, while the rest is thrown away.
The "GADGET" works by adding two drawstrings sealed in the perimeter of a conventional disposable diaper, surrounding the lining. When the diaper is ready to be thrown away, the parent opens the diaper flat and pulls on the drawstrings, located at each end of the unfolded diaper. The drawstrings are enclosed in a protective flap of tissue to keep them clean until they are ready to be used. Pulling on the drawstrings causes the soiled lining to draw up into a bag that is then separated from the outer plastic covering. Perforations in the edges of the lining make the separation simple and quick. The lining is then disposed of in the usual way, and the plastic can be tossed in the recycling bin."

A number of things that I dont understand about this. First, are they forgetting that you need to dump poop in the toilet even with a disposable diaper? This sounds just like a prefold and cover, even the "prefold" gets tossed and the "cover" gets recycled. Second..... oh I just dont know, it just seems strange to me!

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
And people say disposables are easier than cloth??

And I wonder how old that is because most disposables don't have that plastic coating on them like they used to. It's more papery so how would that even work??
weird and sounds like a waste of a lot of time.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Never much cared for the "parts" from the first round of disposables. Don't think the second would interest me much.

No I can't say that I have heard of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts