Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have to give up on fitteds. I'd like more fitteds for variety and because of the breastmilk poop explosions, but they're impossible to find. In order to build a good stash of nice fitteds, you have to either stalk and check your email for notices constantly, and slowly build up the stash, or find a WAHM who is open for custom orders.

Well, hardly anyone is open. Those very few who are open don't have what I'm looking for (trim diaper, side snaps preferred but at this point I would take front snaps too, and a good fabric selection, most fabrics I'm seeing are boring, and hidden snaps which is hard to find).

And I can't stalk anymore. I have things in my life that need attending too. I want to go back to school in the fall and I'll be homeschooling my 9 yr old. I have to start limiting my computer time soon, I don't want to devote so much time to diapers anymore.

So I'm thinking of just throwing in the towel and getting a couple dozen prefolds and leaving it at that. My only fear is that I will be scrubbing poop off of wool covers a lot. I may end up with prefolds and Bumpy covers, which is boring, but I need easy now.

I wish I could get a dozen or two nice fitteds and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
seems that all the readily available diapers don't seem to have hidden snaps, huh? i'll keep thinking to see what i can come up wtih for you. i can so hear the frustration in your post.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Well, I have had just about every WAHM diaper made and have sold most all of them recently as I just find myself reaching for prefolds most of the time. I thought I may regeret it but I haven't at all. My new passion is wool and so now I obsess about that. I'm almost ready to sell the last of my fitteds. . my Fluffymail but can't bring myself to do it just yet. . .

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know what you mean. IMHO, diapering is nowhere near as fun as it was two or three years ago -- when you could pick and choose at your leisure. I HATE the whole "race to see who can get it first" mentality. That's why I'm ordering a dozen or two Mudpies when she opens (along with my backup prefolds and Bumpys -- just like you!) and calling it quite.

Oh, and i may order elbees if my # ever comes up.

Christine, mama to Nicole, Evan and Ryan

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I too am in love with prefolds again! Thanks to the jellyroll fold! I uploaded these pics to show you of Nathan in a Cotton Pickin Creations premium prefold: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid4568851 done in the jelly roll fold. So far we've only had a teeny bit of poop escape once and every time I put it on him I'm better and faster than I was before!

We also will be unable to stalk in a while and I've been preparing for it.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
You know, this post stikes me as cosmic. I am in the process of doing just this. I will be selling off most of my dipes and going prefold-a-rama. They work so good and I love them. They take up less room and did I mention I love them?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennInSeattle
I too am in love with prefolds again! Thanks to the jellyroll fold! I uploaded these pics to show you of Nathan in a Cotton Pickin Creations premium prefold: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid4568851 done in the jelly roll fold. So far we've only had a teeny bit of poop escape once and every time I put it on him I'm better and faster than I was before!

We also will be unable to stalk in a while and I've been preparing for it.

Ok, colour me stupid here but what is a jelly roll fold? I am new and in love with prefolds and am just getting into the swing of things.

eta: nevermind I found it!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I can't say that I have. I am a fitteds mama all the way. Prefolds just don't hold the same absorbancy that fitted do for us. Don't flame me. I do have my prefolds and I do like them for in the house, but for trips out, I can't be without my fitteds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.