Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure the right forum to ask this in but...

DH and I don't want to get preggo until ds is 3 (he is currently 19 months). There are two reasons for this. One, we want to finish paying off all of our debt (and we are doing a great job with this dave ramsey style), and two, we are going on a cruise next year and I don't want to be preggo or nursing a new born when we go (ds is coming too).

So anyway, Mirena is good for five years I believe (but i'd just take it out in 1.5 years).

Is it compatible with breastfeeding? I think it is....

I do NOT like birth control pills and do not wish to go that route.

Also, are there any other forms i'm not thinking of?
I despise condoms, and one of the positives of mirena is that *ah hem* tmi warning, Dh can "finish" inside me. We usually do the pull it out method whcih has always worked for us, but we're both a little sad with how it has to end.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, just looking for feedback about mirena if you use/used it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well after my daughter i had it put in. i nursed throughout. never had any problems. i loved it although my hubby wasn't a big fan. tmi* he said he could feel it. recently i had it removed, it was only in for about 9 months. and i would go back to that for bc, simply because i didn't have to think about it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is compatible with breastfeeding. I had it put in when my daughter was 3 months and she is 12 months now and still breastfeeding. I didn't have any issues with supply. However, I had it removed 6 days ago because it was driving me crazy. I've never had any type of anxiety in the past until I had it put it. I was always paranoid that I was pregnant. I also had bad acne that I think was from the Mirena. I would sit around all day thinking, 'ugh, there is something in my uterus' and it really freaked me out. Some people love it and some people hate it so I guess it is a toss up but it wasn't for me. Maybe the thing in your arm would be better because it isn't in an actual organ. We're back to condoms now
until I can start charting. But with bf'ing who knows when I'll have normal cycles again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.