Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old who so far has been vaccinated on schedule, but is one month behind (had to have her 4 month shots rescheduled). I'm curious the types of side effects others have had. Friends I've discussed this with have mostly said their kids were extra sleepy, but my daughter cried for a couple hours after her first set of shots, and then was totally fine later that same evening. I went into the the 2nd set pretty apprehensive, and told the pediatrician my fears (they reassured me it was a pretty normal reaction for babies to get fussy). 2nd dose she seemed totally fine until the evening, when she started crying really hard. She had a fever that night, and the next morning it was up to 102! I thought that seemed high, but the nurse I talked to said not to worry. She had quite a hard lump on her leg, that is still there 3 weeks later. She was pretty fussy for 48 hours, and by the 3rd day seemed back to normal. Wondering, what kind of immunization experiences others have had? Is this within the range of normal? Does it seem, based on her reaction, that splitting up the doses might be better next time? Just curious to see how normal a reaction hers is. Thanks:smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was all so long ago ... mine did cry after some of the shots she got when little. I think once or twice she had a fever for a day which went back to normal on its own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts