Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're going to be moving to northern va SOON and we are really interested in leesburg. anyone live there or lived there?<br><br>
any good info you can give me?<br><br>
thanks!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'm about 30 minutes from Leesburg (I'm in WV). Leesburg seems to be a very nice area. I will say it's pretty expensive housing though. Loudoun county is the fastest growing county in the country and the housing costs reflect that. A 2000 sq ft 4 bedroom house would probably be at least $400,000 I would guess just to give you an idea.<br><br>
My limited experience in the area is in shopping. There is an outlet mall there that is very nice. There is a lot of new shopping being built as well. There is a brand new super Target that has a lot of organic and natural foods in it (which I think is a reflection on the area that the market exists for those products). They seem to have a lot of little street fairs in the summer and little street concerts. A lot of times when we are driving home we have to detour because the streets are closed for the events. The fairs always seem to have lots of kids at them and are well-attended. Oh! We did recently go to a park there by the public library. It was a very nice playground and the park itself was pretty big with lots of different things to do.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hi! leesburg is super cute. i've lived both east of leesburg in ashburn, centreville, and herndon and i now live north west of leesburg in lovettsville. the shopping is good in leesburg - there's lots of different stores - boutiques to discount stores to thrift shops. the schools are good - the county is trying really hard to keep up with the growth. there's lots of activities. i dont know if there's much new construction in town - but east in Ashburn and West - Purcellville Lovettsville and Round Hill there's lots of new construction. Lovettsville is putting in a town center and the mayor seems to be supportive of growth. if you have any other specific questions let me know!<br>
let us know where you end up!<br><br>
hth<br>
amy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts