Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm kind of new here and just found the "tribal areas". I attend LLL meetings in Great Barrington, MA, which seems to be the closest thing to me (about 25 minutes away). Just wanted to see who else is out there in my area?? Most people I meet are NOT MDC kind of people....thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
i live in litchfield!!! that's pretty close! hi! welcome. i attended the lake waramaug/New Milford LLL meeting for the first time this month and its great not sure how far it would be for you? or if its closer?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to meet all of you! do any of you ever get together? I guess we're all a little spread out...

Have you all found other families in your area that parent in a similar way? Just curious. My area feels pretty preppy/traditional in general. I guess it varies in most places.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soapdiva
Hi - I live in North Granby, CT...
holy guacamole soap diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! my family lives in north granby and i lived there up until 3 years ago- in fact i am going up to visit in a few weeks. its so cool to know someone had a HB-not to mention a BREECH hb- in my hometown!!!!!!!! my sister lives in granby and is 37 weeks pg, but she is having a hospital birth with a cnm.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Quote:
holy guacamole soap diva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! my family lives in north granby and i lived there up until 3 years ago- in fact i am going up to visit in a few weeks. its so cool to know someone had a HB-not to mention a BREECH hb- in my hometown!!!!!!!! my sister lives in granby and is 37 weeks pg, but she is having a hospital birth with a cnm.
Wow, cool!!! The town clerk said its been a loonnngggg time since someone had a baby at home in Granby!

Where is your sister going?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I am in Great Barrington! (Well, the village of Housatonic) Great to hear we have LLL meetings. I just got my + yesterday for my first PG. I have done tons of research online/books about stuff but haven't found out about what is locally available yet.
I love this area though for raw pastured milk, restaurants that serve local organic food, etc. Most of my circle here is into HB & midwives but I want to UC and have a feeling that will be stepping a bit out of their comfort zone.

I'll do a search, but if any of you know a midwife who would be comfortable doing a bit of prenatal care but not attending the delivery, please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi. i am in sharon, CT with a 3 year old daughter and new to the area as well. i have really only met one like-minded mom, but she left for NYC. i know alot of other great people in the area, but can't say that i really feel like we are on the same parenting page. it's feeling a little difficult right now, especially, as i am having a hard time finding any preschools (montessori, waldorf, home-based) that are of interest to me. the closest are in great barrington area, and that is a 40 minute drive for me. anyne know of anything a bit calmer and more nurturing than the average local daycare/preschool?

·
Registered
933 Posts
i know this thread is kinda old, but i just moved to new hartford. i don't know anyone in this part of the country, and i'm really eager to make some like-minded friends. pals for my kids to play with would be great, too!

anyone wanna be my friend?

peace,
hcm

<i still gotta make my jazzy signature line>
ds 11-03
ds 6-05

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi everyone!!! I'm in Sandisfield ( just outside of Great Barrington). So great to see so many other MDC mamas so close by, maybe we could plan something for anyone interested in getting the kiddos together to play? Any ideas anyone?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts