Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm brand spanking new to this board and I'm not very comfortable with the layout just yet, so I hope that I'm doing this right. (I came from another community which only provides vaccination "debate" boards, so I'm so happy to find all of you) I have a 9-1/2 month old son and am 8 months pregnant. We took my son to 2 well baby visits after his birth and 2 different pediatricians. They both seemed too confrontational about our choice to not vaccinate. So, he hasn't had a well baby visit since and hasn't been sick at all. With a new little boy on the way, I would like to find a pediatrician or family practitioner in the East Orlando area who is non-confrontational about our choice. I would like to take the new baby for a few well baby visits to help monitor his growth and make sure his sight, hearing, etc. is all fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of who to call in this area? Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA!

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05
Baby Langston EDD 09.30.06

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!...I posted there so hopefully someone can help me.

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05

·
Registered
257 Posts
we live in central fl and we are going to see dr. jenny velez in orlando this friday for the first time. got her name from mdc mamas but i'll post back after the appointment with more info and our experience.

also...you're due on my birthday! hehe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you...I'll be standing by waiting to hear.

Happy Early Birthday! I'm having another c-section, unfortunately, so I'll be giving birth just over a week before you celebrate.

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05

·
Registered
257 Posts
well dr.velez was absolutely awesome, she even stopped me when i went into my "we have researched this and made an educated decision" spiel and said that I didn't have to explain my parenting decisions to her. she also was quite calm about our nursing/food/water situation (tons/tiny bits/almost none), and never even mentioned vitamins or anything. she also told me about how she used a moxibustion cigar from her acupuncturist for a surgical wound that wouldn't heal recently (her own). she asked how we handled documenting our no-vax status at the last office and when i told her we had the state form but i preferred to use suschi's letter, she was totally cool with it! (I also changed on the form "I understand the intended purpose of and the need for the recommended vaccines" to "I understand the intended purpose of and the reason for recommending the above-named vaccines") she knew that the other doctors in the practice would want something in the file but that it didn't matter to her if there was anything or not.

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's so great! I can't wait to tell my husband when he gets home from work. She sounds like just the sort of doctor we've been looking for. Thank you so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05

1 - 8 of 8 Posts