Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the title says it all really! I am just wondering if there are any posters living in Scotland. I am part of a Canadian/American couple living in *******. We've been here for 5 years and have a 3 year old daughter and have no plans to leave here.

Anyone, anyone??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
We're an American family living up in Aberdeen. We moved over in 2003 when DH took a teaching job. I'd like to move back if the opportunity came along to be closer to family... but I think we'll be here several more years.

I've only been to ******* once, but it seemed like an interesting place to be. how do you like it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Xina!
I know a few other Americans in Aberdeen! I have never been there but aim to make a visit sometime soon, we must see more of Scotland.

We love *******, I know lots of people think otherwise but it is an amazing city. We live in a great area though, which makes a huge difference.
What brought you to Aberdeen and where in the US are you from??

BTW, my daughter is a June 2003 just like one of your sons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomsmum View Post
Hi - I live in a small town just south of Aberdeen - But we are British - hope you are enjoying the lovely weather

Hi! Thanks for replying. I was starting to worry that there wasn't anyone in Scotland on here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannahsmummy View Post
What brought you to Aberdeen and where in the US are you from??

BTW, my daughter is a June 2003 just like one of your sons.
I am from Ohio, DH is from near Seattle, but we moved around a lot, most recently living in Berkeley, CA before coming here. DH took a job as a lecturer at the university in Aberdeen. How about you?

Tomsmum, were you perhaps at the sling meet in Aberdeen?
funny, all 3 of us have June 2003 babies!

surely there are some other mamas in Scotland here??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xina View Post
I am from Ohio, DH is from near Seattle, but we moved around a lot, most recently living in Berkeley, CA before coming here. DH took a job as a lecturer at the university in Aberdeen. How about you?
I am from Toronto originally and my husband is originally from Chicago but we were also living in the Bay Area before coming here to Scotland. Our last place there was in North Oakland. We came over for a change of pace.

Quote:
funny, all 3 of us have June 2003 babies!
That is a weird conincidence!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
I am originally from ******* but living in London now. I will be back in ******* for 2 weeks over xmas though! Looking forward to the rain
(it always pours solidly everytime I go back!). Whereabouts in ******* are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxyrox View Post
I am originally from ******* but living in London now. I will be back in ******* for 2 weeks over xmas though! Looking forward to the rain
(it always pours solidly everytime I go back!). Whereabouts in ******* are you?
Well, you should be here now because the last few days, it's been coming down. It's beeen sooooo cold this week, winter is definitely here.
I'm in the West End, just up from the botanic gardens. Whereabouts are you from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,689 Posts
Hi there! I don't live in Scotland (I'm in London) but I just wanted to say hello since I know you through another board. I didn't realise there were a few others on here as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amitymama View Post
Hi there! I don't live in Scotland (I'm in London) but I just wanted to say hello since I know you through another board. I didn't realise there were a few others on here as well!

HI! A, also known as T

Yup, small world! Good to see you here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate's Mommy View Post
I don't live in Scotland but I used to. Hi everyone!
Hi! Good to see you here too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannahsmummy View Post
Well, you should be here now because the last few days, it's been coming down. It's beeen sooooo cold this week, winter is definitely here.
I'm in the West End, just up from the botanic gardens. Whereabouts are you from?

From Cathcart (on the south side). I lived in the West End for a year though when I moved put from home - just off byres road
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sifreynir View Post
Hi

we live in Motherwell! My partner is born and bred Scots, but I'm was brought up in Yorkshire !
Hi in Motherwell! Nice to see someone so close by!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I'm feeling a bit odd at the moment, I haven't been into the City for such a long time I think I have withdrawal or something!

The OH has promised to see if we can get a babysitter in so we can go for a meal at the Ingram Bar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sifreynir View Post
I'm feeling a bit odd at the moment, I haven't been into the City for such a long time I think I have withdrawal or something!

The OH has promised to see if we can get a babysitter in so we can go for a meal at the Ingram Bar!
LOL! I know what you mean, I live 3 underground stops from Buchanan street and I barely even get in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
658 Posts
Hi ladies, am I welcome to join you? I don't have children yet (ttc#1 after a m/c), but live in Scotland. I'm originally from Finland, my fiancee is Scottish. We live in Kirkcaldy, Fife for now, though hopefully not much longer
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top