Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hey! I'm new here. I have two wonderful boys aged almost 5 and 7. I'm divorced and they spend half of their time at their dad's and half of their time with me. For some reason, even though I live in a sub-division, we can not find a single other boy close by for play dates when they are at my house. I was wondering if anyone would like to get together to play if you're in the area?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm looking on this site because it meshes well with our family values and I'd like to find like-minded families to mingle with as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you're out there - reach out! I know there are kids around...they just never seem to be outside these days :(</p>

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
<p>Hello, Niki!  And Welcome to MOthering!  We have a group of Mamas who are in your area, but it seems to be slow around here, lately.  Do your kids homeschool or go out of the home to school?  When do you have them with you, or does that change with the week?  We're not super close, but my son is always looking for more boys to play with, and he is seven.  We have homeschooled in the past, but with my working as much as I have been in the last couple of years, we have them in school now.  So it'd have to be after school hours or weekends!  :)</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Wow, that sounds great! My son would love it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm divorced and have my kids 50/50. They go to school in Almont (where their dad lives) because it's a smaller, better school system in my opinion. That's part of the reason that it's so hard to find friends around here. I think that if he was going to school here, it wouldn't be such an issue (although, I would hate the school!)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just bought a Groupon for the Joe Dumars field house. Maybe you'd like to meet up there sometime? I've never been there, but it sounds like a blast.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just saw that you are an apprentice midwife! I had my second one at home. I <3 midwives! That's awesome. Do you know Wendy Pinter?</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts