Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm itching terrible on my arms and legs.  I asked my midwife about it and she said just to keep any eye on it and it was probably dry skin.  I have some small red bumps but not everywhere.  It seems like the more I itch they show up and then go away.  The itching seems to come and go but it is getting worse.  I didn't have this at all with my first pregnancy.  Just seeing if anyone else out there was having the same thing.</p>

·
Registered
313 Posts
<p>Hi -- I had a weird rash of all little red bumps on my arms that came and went for several weeks, very itchy!!! It's gone now. I think it was a pregnancy thing. I asked my midwife, she said it was possible though she wasn't familiar with an arm rash....try an oatmeal bath, that helped me!</p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
<p>I have that on my upper legs.  For me, there's loads of ingrown hairs, shaving every other day helps, putting lotion on when it itches helps (though my husband gives me looks when I itch like crazy first - lol).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At the same time, I moved just before I got pregnant to South Dakota from Florida - NO HUMIDITY.  So I've got multiple things going on - I hope some of this helps.</p>

·
Registered
593 Posts
<p>Pregnancy can do weird things to your body... I itch, but it's mostly parts of me that are growing- belly, boobs. But another thing it might be is a new allergy/ intolerance. My mom became lactose intolerant when she was pregnant with me, when I was pregnant with my first I started getting allergic to summer squash of all things. Later on raw nuts started to be an issue, too. Now with this pregnancy I recently discovered I can eat nuts and zucchini again, which I'm really stoked about. So you may want to pay attention in case it could be an allergy, but if it's pretty constant it probably is just dry skin. The move would definitely do it, if you ask me!</p>

·
Registered
465 Posts
<p>I have had a small out break of little red bumps on my hand and they are driving me itch crazy! I have an appt with my OB on Monday and was going to ask him about it. Just wanted to let you know your not alone ;)</p>

·
Registered
493 Posts
<p>Um yeah!! Majorly... Im been itchy with all 3 pregnancies but this one is the worst. I itch so bad on my legs, hands and belly that I make myself bleed. I have a constant rash as well from it. I have been putting coconut oil and it helps somewhat though not fully. Its awful!</p>

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
<p>DDCC</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The itchy bumps I had were all on the lower portion of my belly.. My midwife recommended witch hazel to be used on the area.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts