Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My dh is Indian, so we are trying to come up with names that cross-over. It is pretty easy with girls names (Anita, Maya, etc.) but I really don't have a clue about boys names. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My best friend (female) in high school is Bincy. Her brother is Bijoy, and her fiance is Sunil.

That's about the extent of Indian names that I know (her father is called Baby in India and goes by John in the US). But I love those three names - probably because I love her and her family =)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm Indian/Pakistani and I'm having a hard time myself thinking of names that would "cross over" ... most names are so "different" that it's hard to think of one. Also I'm more paki than indian and so a lot of the names I'm thinking of are not that Indian-ish, yk?

Have you thought of taking one of the existing indian names and adapting it? A lot of people these days are making up their own names now over there. My dh's cousin named his dd "Alizah" then emailed everyone a few days later and said, "Oh, we just decided to change it to Alizeh."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. Yes, I would love to see adaptations too! One name I have thought of it Devin.

I like Rohan & Kiran, but those are my nephews names.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Two boys names I like are Ishan and Nikhil. I think the latter is quite popular among Indians living the US though as it can be shortened to Nik. Zain is also nice.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by citymama
Zain is also nice.

My SIL just named her new baby boy Zain. I agree, it's a cute name, it means "beautiful." We call the babe Zainy-brainy sometimes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts