Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen lots of this lately....loom knitting aka rake knitting....

Would like to see some patterns and how they do this....I would think that you are limited to only certain sizes of knitted items if using a loom...or you would be using lots of seams.....

Just wondering!!!

TIA

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Yes, loom knitting *is* quite limited - very little shaping can be done, and unless you have an adjustable-peg rectangular loom, the sizes are very limited, too.
That said, all of my kids enjoy doing loom knitting. We have a set of circular Knifty Knitters (4 different sizes), and I might get them the rectangular scarf knitter at some point as well. *I* think the stuff they turn out is rather ugly
: but they like the fact that they have knit something themselves, so I would never say so! :LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is a kids loom knitting book out there that is pretty good. It has instructions on making your own looms of varying sizes, and things to make. Lewiscraft is where I got mine, and I think it was put out by leisure arts. (but it was a thin book, not the booklets they usually make)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.