Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds has had a form of 'muscle testing' called nutrition response testing, and so far it has helped us find a BUNCH of things that were giving him issues. But even with avoiding that stuff 100%, he still has reactions (his are mainly skin rashes). He takes probiotics and 6 different natural suppliments ('drops').

My mom took him to his appointment, and said that the dr. is going to look into having him tested with a different method, which is like acupuncture but using some sort of machine and electricity (very low voltage). Apparantly it takes a long time to do the whole thing, and ds would have to be still and hold certian items durring the procedure. It doesnt hurt or anything.

Does anyone know anything about this? I didnt really get the details. Ds is 2.5, and the dr. was checking to see if it could even be done on someone so young. He can follow direction well and is an easy going kid, so that may help.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know what it is, but can'tthink of the nameright now - it is too late/early for my brain to function that clearly. it tests biochemical data in response to exposure to items - instead of relying upon a person like the NRT, this is computerized. Supposed to be really accurate.
It is a metal ball shaped thing that he would rest his hand on, and then it would read the data in his skin as he was exposed to various things...

I looked into it but it is rather expensive. Does Dr Walsh have one of those machines? Or would he have to refer you out?
I have an allergy book that describes it in great detail....I will look for it tomorrow and see what it says. If you want to borrow it, LKM and I can send it with my boys Mon when they go see Dr E - they'd be right by your house.

totally off topic - but do you know what blood type your little guy is?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know if he has the machine or not - it sounded like they did, and use that form of testing for adults, but not kids b/c of the 'not sitting still' aspect of it.
I'm unclear on the details because I wasnt actually there, and I think Dr. Walsh didnt say too much about it b/c he didnt even know if it was possible. We go in again on March 1st so maybe he will give us some more info then.

Levi is STILL having issues even though I'm SURE he isnt eating anything he isnt supposed to. (thought they were cleared up but I guess not)

YES I want to borrow your book! Its so much easier for me to just read a book than look at 5 million bits of conflicting info online!

Sorry I didnt see your post until just now but next time they are over this way I can meet them at the park again (we saw them at our park by chance, the boys had a great time, even though mine was pretty wild that day for some reason!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.