Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pellet stove in our basement that came with the house. The previous owners used it to supplement the propane heat. We have not used it much because we don't know much about it. The last time we tried it, our carbon monoxide detector went off. So now I feel that if we aren't going to use it, we may as well try to sell it, but I also feel like we may be missing out on a good opportunity. Do any of you use a pellet stove? Why is it putting off CO into our basement, isn't that supposed to go out the pipe to the outside? How much heat it can produce? Is it worth it for us to keep or should we get rid of it? Any info from someone with experience would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, wow! Our house is only 1300, although I don't think that includes the bsmt (where the stove is) so maybe around 1800 or less total. Who would I contact for a tune up? Just call a woodstove store or something? That's probably a really stupid question.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
call around to local chimney cleaners - most often at least one or two of them will have a guy that's worked with pellet stoves. Also you can call the manufacturer of the stove, and they can usually tell you licensed repairmen/tuner-uppers in your area

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.