Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was pregnant the first time (miscarried at 8 weeks), all I could think of were girl's names. Don't know if it was a boy or girl.
When I was pregnant with Nik, all I could think of were boy's names. I ended up having a boy.
This time around, all I can think of are girl's names. BUT, I've had 2 baby dreams and it was a boy each time. I have this gut feeling it's a girl. What if I'm wrong?
My oldest sister knew both hers were boys.
I didn't want to find out early this pregnancy, but DH wants to. Then I started thinking that it'd probably be better so that Nik will know whether he's having a baby brother or sister.
Any of you just know what the baby's sex is already? What about with past kids?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Early on, I got a boy feeling. But now, I just don't know. I am wanting a girl more and more as time goes by though
We won't be finding out until late Jan..

I've only had two gender dreams - one very early on, girl, one later on, boy.

As for previous pregnancies, my first only lasted ten weeks and I got boy feeling the whole time and a boy's name came to me, but I don't know if it was a boy or girl.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well, this is a fun question for me. For my two previous pregnancies I really didn't have a clear cut feeling either way--I wavered back and forth between genders and probably thought too much about it and therefore clouded my intuitions...

This time I have the absolute most strongest Boy feelings, it's really quite amazing.

Before I even conceived, in the months leading up to the conception when I would nurse my dd to sleep I would meditate about if we should have another baby or not and there was this voice in my head that was telling me, "Mama, I'm here and getting ready to join you." It was a boy and I just knew that his name was Owen. How weird!!

Since conception, I've probably had about 5 dreams telling me the gender and they have all been boy.

I almost hesitate to say this all out loud in case I'm wrong but there it is. Time will tell I guess.

As for the name Owen, dh isn't quite sold on it--maybe as a middle name?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
With my first I wanted a girl so badly, I didn't listen to myself. I think I knew it was a boy though. Second I was just sure it was a boy b/c that's all dh's family every has. :LOL This time I'm sure it's a boy, but only b/c it has to be. Why would I get a girl? But the one real dream I had the baby was a girl, and hubby had a girl dream, too. Then again, we both REALLY want a girl to avoid the circ issue since I've changed my feelings on that since the last two were born.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well, with my 10 year old dd, I knew she was a girl, then I got pg in 2002 and miscarried and I swore that one was a boy. Then I knew Madelyn was a girl and was right and this one I'm sure is a boy. Maybe that's just cause I think I want a boy right now, who knows? I like this thread- maybe we could come back to it and update once we know? We'll see how many of us are correct. I'll bet if we really listen to our intuition, more of us will be able to guess the gender than not.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm from a May 2005 board, but I am due may 27th, so it's almost June. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, but I am yet to have any baby dreams. And I really don't have a clue on who it might be either. Feel kinda disconnected with myself and the baby, but that's how it is for me.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
i keep having boy dreams. i think it's a boy. i wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't, but i'm thinking boy. peter is SURE it's a girl. i guess we'll find out soon enough.

aja

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have no clue this time around!!! My last I *knew* it was a boy very early. I bought ALL boy clothes, and lots of them. My DH thought I was crazy and thought he would end up with a girl wearing all boy clothes. Our first ultrasound at 20 weeks said BOY, our second at 28 weeks said GIRL and then our last right during labor was NO IDEA... Sure enough- it was a boy... Yeah!!!

I really have no feeling at all this time. We are not planning on having an ultrasound with this baby. We really enjoyed the "surprise" at the end last time of not knowing for sure. (Even though I was convinced it was a son in there)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have no idea, but I'm thinking girl because for almost a year my son has been telling me that he wants to have a baby sister so he can put a purple ribbon in her hair. If it's a boy I think he'll be devastated!
The only thing that stinks is I have a boy name chosen that I really like. I have a girl one too, but would rather use the boy name lol!!!
Karen

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Karen, how funny- my son says he wants a baby sister too! If we had another boy I think he will be upset and quite a bit more jealous.
He talks about how he's going to take his baby sister to the pool by our house and that he will hold her in the big pool and make sure she's ok

He's such a doll!
I don't know, I'm really having mixed feelings on this. I honestly at this point don't know if it's a girl or boy even though I keep thinking girl- don't know if that's wishful thinking for ds's sake or not. Other than that, I really have no preference.
When I was pregnant with DS I wanted a girl so badly. When they told me it was a boy (even though in my heart I already knew) I was really upset. It took a couple of weeks to get used to the idea. I know that probably sounds mean, but I'd never been around boys- I didn't know ANYTHING about them and it scared the heck out of me.
Having admitted all that- I LOVE boys! I wouldn't change things in a million years. They are so fun and loving and special!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
With #1 I just knew she was a girl. With #2 I really "wanted" a girl so I think I was swayed by those strong feelings into "knowing" she was a girl. This time around I've had a girl dream and I've been referring to the baby as a she. Though I don't know if that's because I've only had girls so I don't know that they come in any other kind or what.

My sister is having a boy in Februrary so in that regards it would be nice to have a boy so they would have that in common. Otherwise there are only girls to play with in my family.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Very early in my pregnancy - even before the pregnancy test - I dreamed that a) I was pregnant, and b) it was a girl. The dream was right on both counts.

·
Registered
480 Posts
just in case anyone doesnt think im crazy, i thought i would share my idea on this

with DD, we never thought for one second it was a boy, it was a girl, we picked her name, bought her pink, and never asked the sex when she was born
then with my son (who i lost to trisomy 18 in second tri) we knew it was a boy...i felt ... weird, as i knew i was growing a boy, even though im a girl....like there was something...slightly foreign. my mom wondered if she taught me the birds and the beeds correctly when i told her this hehe
so this time, we said a boy...but then it hit me....wait...i dont feel that there is a 'another kind' in me...it must be a girl....
so, sometime between now and august we will find out hehehe

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
With my daughter, I was 100% certain she was a boy. We never picked out girl names, I just *KNEW*. Imagine my suprise when she was a she. It took me a couple days to stop referring to her as "he".

With this one, I was sure it was a girl until the ultrasound.

What have I learned? My intuition sucks. :LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.