Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a couple more dipes to get by and have not found anything that looks like it would fit DS. I would like either an AIO or pocket and would really prefer a side snapping one and something that doesn't cost a fortune (under $18). As far as fit, it has to fit a very big toddler (37 inches tall, 38 pounds and built solid). I liked the GADs, but didn't know if they would run large enough. Feel free to SPAM me, as I am desperate for suggestions.

· Registered
2,407 Posts
The large FB is BIG. It is really big on DS even triple stuffed. But they are definitely front snapping. I really like berry plush diapers, they are an AI2, but I think they are way out of your price range new. You could look on diaper swappers for some used size large though. The larges are still big on DS, I think he will be able to wear them until PLing.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm not totally keen on the front snapping, but I figure that the lower price might be worth the hassle. As far as the size, I was going by the charts and DS falls in the middle of the large weight range, plus it said that they were for babies in the 80th plus percentile and DS is in the 97th percentile for length and weight. To give you a better idea, none of the BG (OS or large AIO) have fit him for months and we are using XL Dream Eze AIOs and size 3 Little Beetles.

· Registered
2,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alysonb View Post
Yeah, I'm not totally keen on the front snapping, but I figure that the lower price might be worth the hassle. As far as the size, I was going by the charts and DS falls in the middle of the large weight range, plus it said that they were for babies in the 80th plus percentile and DS is in the 97th percentile for length and weight. To give you a better idea, none of the BG (OS or large AIO) have fit him for months and we are using XL Dream Eze AIOs and size 3 Little Beetles.
Hum, that sounds BIG! There is a FB seconds store that sells them without and insert for really cheap, $10. But I also think there is an XL FB.

· Registered
5,468 Posts
I used snap ez trainers the AIOs would hold a single big pee without leaking and the pockets could be stuffed for more assorabency. The were side snapping.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm...I thought, based on the size chart given, that the XL Fuzzi Bunz would be way too big for DS, but I just went and pulled up the order history for when I bought FBs for DS1 and saw that he wore size large when he was only 11 months old. Since DS2 is a bigger boy than my other son I think maybe we should try the XL. As they are final sale I might just try one or two. As for finding a place the has boy colors in XL I'm still looking. I'll post on here when I find one.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just found a huge selection of XL at weebunzdiapers.com , plus she has $3.95 flat rate shipping. She even had XL in navy, plus a ton of other colors. I only ordered three, but that should work for a while and hopefully this guy will start PL soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.