Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with one of my hips and I was hoping someone here might have more info or know what it could be.<br><br>
It's my left hip... the side I frequently sleep on, nurse lying down on, carry DS on, etc. So it is used and abused.<br><br>
Lately I've had some tightness and soreness in my back on the left side. So I've been taking it easy and trying not to carry DS on that side.<br><br>
But, I also have a pain in my hip. It is a pain that I feel right about where my hip bone would be. I feel it the most when I'm sitting down and slouching over.<br><br>
I'm not too sure, anatomy wise, what is there - a tendon maybe?<br><br>
I was hoping maybe someone would know, and be able to give me some general advice for helping it heal. I might need to go back to work soon, and I greatly fear that sitting all day in an office could aggravate it more.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yikes! I had some hip trouble after having my boys... and like you say.... carrying, nursing etc. My problem stemmed from having a hip problem at birth though. Have you considered seeing a chiropractor or a physiotherapist? Probably a silly question, but its amazing how much that can help sometimes.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I agree that you might Really want to see a chiro and figure it out hands on. the hips are very important to all of our movements in sitting, walking, bending etc. If there is something really off you would want it healing before it gets worse.<br>
good luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
I totally agree with seeing a chiro. My left hip is also my problem area. My chiro. said it kind os misrotates in the socket and makes one leg shorter than the other. Mine also hurt when sitting down but it hurt the worst right as I stood up. With regular visits all was normal and I was pain free again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts