Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making several new belly dance costumes. The bras and hip bands are to be heavily sequined and beaded. I used to do my own beadwork appliques, but that was waaaaay before motherhood, when I had a lot more time!!!

I am still going to do a lot of the bead and sequin work, but the use of pre-made appliques would certainly speed the design and production process.

I have not been able to find any sequined appliques anywhere. Well, I did find some that were butterflies & daisies at Wal Mart, but that isn't quite what one wants on their dance bra!!

The local sewing/fabric shops have only those same two designs, and nothing else.

I am looking for shapes like paisley or leaves or other freeform types.

Anybody have any sources??

Thanks!

L.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
There is a fabric outlet here that has TONS of them. If you want I could check it out on Monday and let you know what they have, what colors are you looking for? Size, Shape? these are the types that are made for pageant/prom dresses.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....that has exactly what I wanted!!!

I typed-in "sequined appliques" on a search engine, and found this terrific site called Vogue Fabrics, located out of Evanston, Ill.

There are great close-up pictures and size descriptions. The appliques are exactly what I am looking for, and the prices are unbelievable!! Check it out, if you are ever looking for any!

Thanks, again!

L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts