Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you help me find mine? I have absolutly no interest in having good loving (using terms that are MDC friendly) lol what on earth? This isn't normal for me lol DH is getting more frustrated because I keep turning him down night after night. It's been 4 weeks since we've been together, and he's starting to say "goodnight friend" wow, I can only imagine how he's gonna be after the baby comes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think it's just totally typical of the first trimester, at least it is for me! It usually picks back up once I hit the second trimester, and with my son it went into extreme overdrive until almost the very end! None of that makes my poor hubby feel any better right now though, LOL!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ouch! "Goodnight, friend"

You should ask your hubby to try and understand that your body is going through changes right now, and often a woman's libido is decreased during the first trimester.
:

TMI, mine has only increased. I actually woke my husband up this morning (something I would rarely do, even not preg!) for a little ummmm....

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I think it is VERY normal for the 1st trimester! (Although I have to admit, there was a period of time during mine this time, when I was feeling quite frisky and had equally frisky dreams!!) But many pg moms have renewed interest in their second trimester when they are feeling better and the hormones are in full swing.

You are due the day before me, and now that we're 12 weeks, we should be over the worst of the first tri yuk. Hope it's just a matter of time!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh mooliette hugs mama. It is so hard to feel sexy when our bodies are getting rounder and when it seems any bit of jostling or motion will make us barf. I would say gently remind dh that it will pass and will all be worth it in the end.

I am a low labido sufferer too dh is pretty inderstanding even though I am a pre preg vixen
Good luck sweety you and dh are not alone.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It should come back in the 2nd trimester. I however am having the opposite delima. I am extra frisky and dh just doesn't know how to handle it.

I think for me it is that there is no fear of getting pg, because well I already am. If that makes any sense.

Kasey

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
That left the minute the morning sickness kicked in. Poor dh hasn't had any loving since like June 19th. At least he's used to it! With dd, we didn't have any good loving from the time I was about 1 month along until she was like 3 months old. My libido just became non-exsitant.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Right there with ya! I am too sick to even consider it....but, man, I loved that second trimester last time!

I *really* lose the drive when I'm nursing a newborn...it is just so constant. My poor hubby.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have high hopes for next tri-mester....
Even if we do do it, my orgasms are kind of blase. It's really weird. I guess instead of a scale of 8,9,or 10, it's more like a 3 or 4. Well, what's the fun in that?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I haven't had any drive for the past few weeks but I always "help him out" I don't want him to go without just b/c I'm not in the mood. But luckily it is getting better.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh my gosh, I have the opposite problem (if you can call it a problem). My libido has increased dramatically. It's actually not that fun, because I lie in bed feeling all sexy and lecherous, but I feel so sick all the time that the thought of actually doing anything about it is pretty awful. Ha ha ha!

I can't wait until the second trimester. I am really looking forward to it, and hope my newfound libido doesn't leave me in the lurch.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I haven't wanted to be intimate for awhile now, but I also help dh out every so often. I'm glad I'm not the only one having orgasm issues. Before dd I used to have 3 or 4 in a row and now I'm lucky to have 1. Oh well, I'm hoping things will get better in the second trimester because, honestly dh is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Definitely
Before m/s kicked in I was all over hubby like white on rice for some reason... then I got sick and the idea of doing anything remotely sexy just makes me sicker.
: Luckily (???) Dh is working overtime and tired a lot himself so he's not missing it too much either, but I hope this ends soon!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well I beat all of you!
No fun here since conception! He isn't worried about it but I miss the intimacy. It is almost like I have an aversion to him like I did to food! Poor guy! And he always says I am more into it when pg. Hopefully once the heat subsides I will be more interested.

·
Registered
943 Posts
For me it's not lack of wanting, but lack of energy (and earlier on, sickness). Finally DD (32mo) has started sleeping through the night without nursing so that helps, but still I often end up falling asleep while waiting for her to unlatch. I tell DH to wake me, but he doesn't or is too quiet about it. If I wasn't a SAHM I would be more concerned about my sleep, but since I don't have to get up as early (DD likes to sleep in until 9 or 10am) I don't usually mind if he wakes me. With the last pregnancy I didn't feel sick and we had a lot of *fun* during pregnancy even though I was tired. I think it was because we weren't having to worry about what time of the month it was. Of course then we weren't limited to when the toddler was sleeping or otherwise occupied

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
First trimester always stinks for DH & me, but 2nd trimester looks good so far

·
Registered
874 Posts
When morning sickness kicked in, wanting to be close went out the window, I'm sad to say. My nausea has been particularly bad in the evenings when we're together and somewhat better in the mornings when he's gone to work, and while that's been getting better, I've been having headaches that are worse, lol. DD had halfday summer camp for a couple weeks which gave up a bit of morning time when he went in to work late and I felt marginally better and mildly interested - until I got heinously ill with a stomach virus, lol. Things have been a bit lean, but I hope they'll pick up. I enjoyed reminding a deprived feeling dh of the third trimester our first pregnancy where I (normally the less-libido'd partner) chased him around, and I swear he was almost hiding in the bathroom from me. Well, something about the me-as-big-as-a-house apparently just didn't make it all work for him, regardless of how glorious and sensual I felt, LOL. He tells me he's not going to be as nervous being intimate this time when I reach roughly the size of a killer whale, but I rather suspect I'm not going to be giving him any delicious thoughts either

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have more of a drive now than I did in the last 3 years since my 1st was born! But, usually by the time it's bedtime and dh and I have time for each other I am too tired and nauseated. If only he could come home for lunch every day!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterBaby
I enjoyed reminding a deprived feeling dh of the third trimester our first pregnancy where I (normally the less-libido'd partner) chased him around, and I swear he was almost hiding in the bathroom from me. Well, something about the me-as-big-as-a-house apparently just didn't make it all work for him, regardless of how glorious and sensual I felt, LOL. He tells me he's not going to be as nervous being intimate this time when I reach roughly the size of a killer whale, but I rather suspect I'm not going to be giving him any delicious thoughts either

:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Okay! I am changing my mind on this one! Something about hitting 12 weeks for me had really changed my drive! This past week has been full of some fun dreams that I am sure will spill over into some reality
Now I just have to get dh interested!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts