Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Dh and I have just got going on our hammock for our sweet freshie. It so exciting watching it all come together!! He brought the wooden parts back from the shop the other day and it just made it that much more real for me. I'm dying some muslin a deep, relaxing blue before I sew it into the hammock shape. We're planning on just using a sheepskin for a mattress. We are doing one kinda similar to the "happy hangups" hammock. It was the only one that I could find that would go all the way up to age 3...plus its just so beautiful!! You can check out their version at www.happyhangup.com

It so fun getting everything ready!! Anyone else have a special project that they're finishing up before baby comes??

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would so LOVE to make my own. I can do all the fabric work no problem but I've got no one around to do the wood working. My dad says that DH isn't allowed to use tools anymore because he always was over fixing what DH screwed up. (Seriously bad things happen when DH gets a hold of tools, give him a computer and he's fine but not with tools). My dad is 2000 miles away though so can't really help out this time. I'm still considering just spending the money for one....

Deb

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I made my own a while ago. If you go to the link in my blog, there are pictures of it in my July 5th entry. You can also see dh wearing a mei tai that I made for him.

It's big and will fit the babe until she is well over a year old! We don't have a crib, so when we are not co-sleeping, she will be napping in this.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Rainbowsmum - I would love one of those! I've had my eye on one for a while but I'm waiting to see if we have any spare money to buy one and ship it here.

I did think of sewing one and using the clamp from a door bouncer.......but time has got on now and I've been sewing other stuff like post partum mama pads, a wrap skirt (desperate for something that didn't dig into my enormous belly) some quick tops and some 'puddle pads' for ECing.

Unitytree - dyeing muslin - wow your babe will know its been a labour of love!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Those look neat! My dad could do the woodwork and send it to me, hmmm
My hubby could do the woodwork also, but he insists that he does not do fine wood working (he's a carpenter) and likley would not go for it

Gosh, I'm realizing that I'm running out of time. Maybe I should get my butt away from the puter and go work on some stuff I want to get done!...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leosmama,
I love your dh's hammocks!! They have a very hanging-neath-a-rainbow feeling!! Awsome!! I can't wait to post pic's of ours!

We've been thinking about doing a few different designs and selling them, but that would require time which meither of us have right now. Maybe once babe is a bit older.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.