Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're going to be moving to Hampshire County, WV in the next couple of months from the DC area and are looking for like-minded mamas and kiddies! we're about 30 minutes from Winchester, VA Romney, WV and Berkeley Springs, WV (so in other words, the middle of nowhere
)

also looking for an api group or a LLL group nearby; a good ped; a good family doc; a good m/w (just in case); any kind of health food store... everything basically


ETA - we're not terribly far from Martinsburg either - maybe close to an hour... but would definitely be willing to make the drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
Hi mama! I grew up in Grant County, which borders Hampshire. I live a couple of hours away now, but my sister has lived in Martinsburg for about 10 years. She is single with no kids though. She isn't very crunchy either.
Maybe sometime when I'm visiting her, I'll let you know and we could meet up. I've never met another MDC mama IRL. Good luck with your move. Your best bet for crunchy-friendly drs or mws may be in the Winchester area.

You aren't moving to Capon Bridge, are you? My sister actually has lived there for the last year, but just bought another house in Martinsburg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherub-lori
I am moving to hardy county this Thanksgiving day, I love west va


Cool! My dad grew up in Hardy County. My family has been in that area for hundreds of years. I still visit my parents in Grant County frequently. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,021 Posts
I am near....sort of. I am outside of Martinsburg. I'd love to get together sometime. We go to Winchester frequently, so coming that direction is no problem for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry to be MIA from my own thread
things have been crazy lately...

PuppyFluffer - my DH has family outside of Martinsburg (Hedgesville) so we're up there pretty frequently. If you're willing to meet near Winchester, that'd be awesome! One of my best friends might also be moving to the area and has two kiddies - maybe we can start a little play group come spring-time?

Doodlebugsmom - nope, not Capon Bridge, it's Bloomery actually. About 20 minutes from Capon Bridge, approx.

Cathicog - thanks for the link!!

Cherub-lori - cool, Moorefield is about an hour away, I think. Definitely willing to make the drive to meet some like-minded mamas. We'll be moving probably in March, and would love to meet you then!

Just found out that there's a good osteopath in family practice in Romney, i'm excited about that since they're usually pretty wholistic and not into throwing prescription meds at every little thing.

I'm soooo excited about moving back to WV. I grew up in Monongalia County, my DH grew up in Berkeley County, and we moved to DC for jobs. we're totally changing gears and moving back to WV and couldn't be happier about it!!! anybody into yoga? i'm a yoga teacher and we're going to be setting up to do yoga retreats on our property. my DH is going to do some organic farming
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiepunk
I'm soooo excited about moving back to WV. I grew up in Monongalia County, my DH grew up in Berkeley County, and we moved to DC for jobs. we're totally changing gears and moving back to WV and couldn't be happier about it!!! anybody into yoga? i'm a yoga teacher and we're going to be setting up to do yoga retreats on our property. my DH is going to do some organic farming


Cool! I live in Morgantown! Grew up in Grant County, though. I moved here to go to WVU about 13 years ago, and I never left!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Thought I'd jump in here, as I grew up in Winchester, and visit at least once a year (my mom and sister still live there). I'd love to hear things to do as well, as my sister seems to not have gotten hooked into many parenting friends, and my neice really doesn't have friends her own age (almost 2 and a 1/2).

Its sucha beautiful part of the country, and the hiking is great!!

Deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
Cool! I live in Morgantown! Grew up in Grant County, though. I moved here to go to WVU about 13 years ago, and I never left!
i grew up in morgantown! my dad still lives there, and my DH and I both went to WVU - that's where we met. we left there in '96 when we graduated. i was a journalism major, worked at U-92 as a DJ and on the news staff, and hung out a lot at the Nyabinghi. My DH worked at Maxwell's cafe downtown for years. small world. i'll let ya know if we come into town to visit - we can only spend so much "quality time" w/my dad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by finchstacy
I am the facilitator of a local chapter of Families for Natural Living. We usually meet at my house just east of Winchester. Here is a link to our group:
thanks so much for the link - i'm off to join that group now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiepunk
i grew up in morgantown! my dad still lives there, and my DH and I both went to WVU - that's where we met. we left there in '96 when we graduated. i was a journalism major, worked at U-92 as a DJ and on the news staff, and hung out a lot at the Nyabinghi. My DH worked at Maxwell's cafe downtown for years. small world. i'll let ya know if we come into town to visit - we can only spend so much "quality time" w/my dad


Awesome! Maxwell's is our fave restaurant and U-92 is our fave station! One of dh's best friends dj-ed there. I'll PM you with his name. It would be crazy if you knew him! I would love to hear from you if you visit Morgantown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
923 Posts
hi ladies -
not in your area but am looking for a homebirth midwife for my friend who just moved to martinsburg...any recs? she would prefer a cnm but i think is open to a cpm. pm me if you have info. thanks!!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top