Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am one of the newest here, I'm not due til the 18th, but I just can't get over the feeling that I don't feel pregnant. I guess I sort of do, I am so hungry, but with the last two I was so tired from day one it seemed, and now I'm not. I know that every pregnancy is different from the next, and I did say that I wanted this pregnancy to be different than the last two in hopes of keeping this baby, but I just can't get over the feeling that the reason that I don't feel pregnant is because maybe I'll be miscarring soon. Then there is also the fact that I have been pregnant pretty much non stop since last December and so I am just "used" to feeling pregnant.

Anyone else feeling not pregnant?

Love and Good Luck,
Mary

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimi_n_tre
I know I am one of the newest here, I'm not due til the 18th, but I just can't get over the feeling that I don't feel pregnant. I guess I sort of do, I am so hungry, but with the last two I was so tired from day one it seemed, and now I'm not.
Yep, same here! I don't know what it is, but I just don't *feel* pregnant. I know I saw the little plus on the stick and all but like you said, I don't have any real clear symptoms. I'm a little tired, sometimes a little queasy, maybe a heightened sense of smell, and I feel some twinges in my lower abdomen every now and then, but that's it. I'm due the 4th, fwiw.

To be honest, it does make me feel a little uneasy. My mw won't see me until 9wks (first week of Dec.), but I think once I check in with them and have a professional tell me that I really am pregnant, I'll feel a bit better. I talked to dh about it and he pointed out that wth my first pregnancy I had much more time to focus on myself. I could nap when I wanted to, sleep in and really get into the whole tiredness thing, whereas now (since ds doesn't nap) that's not an option. I just have to deal with being tired and go on. Plus maybe I am so used to being tired from having a kid that it doesn't stand out as much as when I got lots of sleep.

Have you seen your provider yet? My mw say not until 9 weeks but I know that they do make exceptions. Do you think it would reassure you to have an ultrasound? Or is it more a case of time and getting past that 12 or 27 week mark? I can totally understand how it could be a matter of getting past those important time milestones in your situation.

But you know, this could all be something as simple as that maybe we are two of the lucky ones who breeze through healthy, normal pregnancies with no problems or pain.
That's what I'm voting for.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I haven't been pregnant before, so I don't know if I was just expecting something much more dramatic, but I'm with you! I'm occasionally mildly nauseated and tired, but that's about it.

For me, a big part of it is that I just don't feel connected to the sproglet yet. I read the thread about how some women who are going through their second/third/etc. pregnancy think that because they're more aware of what will likely come at the end of the process, they feel more strongly about the pregnancy. I'm anxious to do the right things and to stay healthy, and I'm right on top of eating well, taking vitamins and maniacally monitoring and adjusting my sugars, but I'm just not feeling the mothering drive to protect the babe that I had assumed I would feel.

I'm interested to see whether I feel a little more connected and yes, pregnant, once I start to show and/or the babe starts to move!

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisley
But you know, this could all be something as simple as that maybe we are two of the lucky ones who breeze through healthy, normal pregnancies with no problems or pain.
That's what I'm voting for.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I'm feeling exactly like you paisley and ~pi. Couldn't have said it better. I dreamed and hoped and wished for this to happen to me and yet I'm going about life as usual. No symptoms beyond some nausea and tiredness......

I am starting to show. Just to myself. In fact I'm about to go work out and had to put a long tank under my regular tank because I have a bit of a low bulge. Just looks like I'm PMS'y!

mimi_n_tre- I'm sure its hard to want to get attached to this pregnancy but I'm hoping for
for you and that you'll have a wonderful pregnancy!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm in the same boat!
I waited so long for this and now I don't really feel anything out of the ordinary, aside from my sore bosoms, they keep getting more sore!
I can't sleep on my stomach anymore.

Sometimes I have a little cramp or twinge in my lower abdomen, but that's really all.

My husband says to be careful what I wish for, those symptoms might come and hit us like a mack truck!

·
Registered
499 Posts
hi there, we are due with no 3 july 16, this is my fourth pregnancy and I have two boys.

With my first one, I felt pregnant, with my second one I didn't and I did m/c but with my third - I had a lot of bleeding and thought I'd got my period, didn't know I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks and didn't feel any symptoms at all - and he is a lovely healthy little fella.

My heart goes out to you and I am wishing you the best of luck, I think it's true every pregnancy is different, having symptoms or no symptoms doesn't mean much.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I'm not feeling pregnant either! I did for a week or so, in retrospect, I think I had the same bug DH did and I attributed it to feeling pregnant, while it was really sickness. DH and I had the same symptoms. I am only 5 weeks, due July 14. With DD, I remember feeling pretty good until I was 8 weeks or so... My morning sickness was never bad, just mild nausea and exhaustion. What worried me with DD and again now, is feeling crampy. I OBSSESED over the cramps with her pregnancy and I have them again now. I think alot of it is gas but it freaks me out! My MW don't see you until 12 weeks! I am thinking about asking for a blood test. Then I would feel OK
I will probably take a $ store test again tommorrow, just to reassure me that my little line is still there and I didn't hallucinate!

·
Registered
2 Posts
"With my first one, I felt pregnant, with my second one I didn't and I did m/c but with my third"

I had the same experience... this time around it makes me very nervous that I am not nauseaus all the time. I have to say though, that after the miscarriage, I do appreciate the few times I have felt it!!!

Jess
momma to two boys, 2 and 5 years old.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I woke up this morning and I thought " I kind of feel pregnant right now." I don't know why though. I have been having a lot of dreams, which I normally don't have when I am not pregnant. That is pretty much the extent of it. Hopefully soon I will be puking my guts out....

Love Mary

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think I am more tired but that's about it. Sometimes I think I have breast soreness and nausea, but that could very well be psychosomatic LOL. What a strange place to be in - of course I am not anxious to experience the horrible fatigue and nausea, but it is a comfort to have the symptoms. I think I got hit hard last time around 8 weeks, since I'm just starting week 6 I won't worry too much.

I did however, use my last pregnancy test this morning...just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have a few friends who never get sick while they're preg, and are energetic, and it just amazes me. I feel like crawling under a rug. I hope you do just have a very easy pregnancy followed by an easy baby!! I normally don't feel sick till around 7 weeks, though, so maybe it will kick in soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.