Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My weight has been fluctuating between 180-183, but not gaining & I'm just not hungry, been thirsty & drinking fluids good, but the hunger is just not there. Yeah I'll have cravings, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm doing good to get a couple meals in a day. I feel I'm not getting enough. I'm not nauseas or throwing anything up, just not hungry & not eating much.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You are not alone. Most times, I have no appetite at all, and am just choking down food because I know I have to eat (both to be healthy, and because if I don't I'll feel even more queasy).

I am hoping this changes in the next couple weeks when the 2nd tri starts.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Me. I actually lost almost 10lbs... some of that was real nausea/vomiting, but lately I've just been uninterested in almost any food. If I try to "make" myself eat, anyway, nausea comes in. So, blah. But, the past couple of days have been a lot better.... Maybe it's the light at the end of the tunnel! I am just a few days ahead of you so here's hoping things "normalize" for you, soon!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm 8 1/2 weeks and haven't gained yet. I discovered this weekend that I can no longer suck my stomach in flat, so I guess I'm still getting bigger where it counts.

I've had no outright nausea, but the thought of food grosses me out, and I feel better (for a while at least) when I just don't eat. When I do get hungry, which isn't all that often, it seems to get all mixed up with the queasiness and I end up having to sneak some food in past the lump in my throat. My other problem is I know I'm not drinking enough water. I'm just not enjoying putting anything in my stomach right now! I hope this stage is over soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post
I'm really not anymore hungry than when I'm not pregnant, I just love food in general
I have gained a bunch of weight though, blah.
i feel like I am hungry all day no matter what I eat or how much I eat but nothing has hit the spot yet that makes me say oh thats good.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm hungry but no food looks good. really just bagels and cream cheese.. haven't gained any weight and generally don't want to look at food

·
Registered
572 Posts
yeah I'm not looking at the scale, although I know I put on fluid weight right at the beginning. Now I want bagels and cream cheese too. Good thing I'm going to the store now. I am not finding much food satisfying either, just want really plain stuff. Like kraft mac and cheese plain and unhealthy

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I feel like I'm eating all the time, but I guess I must be eating less than I think, because even though my stomach is bigger, I was down a pound at the midwife's today from three weeks ago.

It was a different scale, and I was wearing different clothing, but I'm probably more or less the same as I was three weeks ago, and honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had weighed in ten pounds heavier.

For the record, I'm dismayed at your talk of Kraft dinner and bagels and cream cheese, because now I need some too! I might have to go to the store.

My favourite thing right now is frozen fruit. And fresh fruit. And smoothied fruit. And fruit eaten out of hand. And fruit in salads. And fruit in cereal. And well, fruit just about any which way!

I'm really into fresh bananas, oranges, apples, and frozen raspberries, blueberries, mango, and strawberries.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EzzysMom View Post
Like kraft mac and cheese plain and unhealthy

Oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one! This is the only "food" I've found I can eat consistently. I think I'm doing pretty well limiting myself to only one box per day!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
With DD, I did not gain any weight at ALL until 15-16 weeks or so. I was NOT HUNGRY. I wasn't queasy or anything, I just had no appetite at all. Just how that pregnancy was, I guess! This time around...who knows
Too early to say!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I go from being completely grossed out by the thought of food to so hungry I get the shivers and can feel my heart racing and then the nausea creeps in and it takes every fiber of my being to choke something down. And I'm not having any cravings or real aversions yet...just a general- if I can smell it, then I don't want it...so bagels and cream cheese and granola are my friends...And I thought I wanted mac and cheese until I opened the cheese packet and then it turned into noodles with a little butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Bland- but no smell!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.