Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 10w2d today. I am not expecting to pop out any time soon as I never can feel my uterus till about 14-16wks when all the sudden it pops over the pubic bone. I wonder if I have a tipped uterus that just takes that long to unfold? About this time I get alot of pain and pressure in pelvic area it feels like constipation but I'm not constipated. Anyone else experience this? I am starting elevating my hips and I have immediate pressure release. My pelvic muscle tone is fine so I am just assuming my uterus gets kind of trapped if that makes sense.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I still can't feel my uterus (11 weeks), but I can see where it is pushing my abdomen out. I can feel my uterus a little if my bladder is full, but I don't push around too much really. The biggest thing is that everything that would normally fall into my pelvis (intestines, etc...) is now bulging where the baby will eventually be. I think it is funny when people want to touch it, or DH wants to talk to it. I know that is incredibly sweet, but I feel like telling them they are interacting with my displaced poop factory... I just smile to myself and allow the intrusion.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
NL - too funny.

I am not really pouching out bc of pg just bc of slowed bowels. I can feel my uterus
just a little like an inch above my pelvic bone but that's it. With my last one I was
poking out big time by now so IDK why this time is different but I ain't complaining.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Y'all crack me up!

Yeah, I'm totally pooched out. I can feel my uterus about 1.5 inches below my belly button. That's how short waisted I am. But, I also have a tipped uterus. So, who knows?

Just remember that everyone's different. But, according to the magical pg books that know everything. Most people don't really start to pooch until around 16 weeks, and don't really look pregnant for another month or two after that.

So, hey, you're normal. I'm the freak.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll be 9 or 10 weeks tomorrow, and i've lost 11 pounds so far. The OB said I had a tipped uterus so I think it is a combination of thinks. I just feel like my lower stomach is very hard. With my first I popped out right away, but my morning sickness was not that bad so I also gained 8 pounds in my first trimester because I was so hungry. Every body and every pregnancy is different I suppose. Before this pregnancy I just thought it was something that people said and didn't believe it.

Allie

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 13 weeks and this is my first pg. I feel a lot of the same- pressure, pulling, all my clothes fit fine. Sometimes it feels like I can feel organs sliding against each other?, esp in stretched positions(yoga). Feeling organs move against each other is non-painful, but it is the most annoying feeling to me, like the sensory version of nails on a chalkboard.

·
Registered
196 Posts
2nd pregnancy here,and I certainly have bulge! It's not my uterus, though.

Sometimes I can feel my uterus, and sometimes it hides. One morning I was in bed, and I felt it all the way over on the left side of my belly, and it was visibly noticeable. Scary! I tried to move it back, but that wasn't a good idea. I think it shifted because I slept all night on that side.

I haven't gained much if anything this time. last pregnancy, I had put on a good 20 lbs! So it looks like I won't be topping my 74 pound total weight gain record. Thank goodness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.