Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the 2ww...5dpo, to be exact.

I love, love, love seeing those two lines on a pregnancy test! That is just one of the most exciting things I can think of! I know...
:

But, I wanted to experience not testing...just "reading" my body and trusting myself.

But do I want to miss out on the excitement of testing?!?

Anyone else plan on not testing? Or conflicted, like me?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
VERY interesting. LOL I too was thinking about just going by my bodys signs and of course my temps. It would be kind of cool to think I never took a pg test. But I know myself ad I know I love to see those lines too much to not do it!!!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I, personsally, am a poas-aholic
...so there is no way that I will be able to hold off testing!
Good luck to you though!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What is funny is that every month I think I am going to be able to do good and not test...until about 11 dpo. Then I cave. I guess that I really want to see those 2 lines again...just to prove that me pee is NOT defective!
My pee can create 2 lines DARNIT!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
What a great topic! Thanks!
DH and I have been TTC for 3 months now, and my experiences with hpt's have lead me to believe that waiting...although extremely difficult (as we all know) is best for me. I have spent about 40$ on hpt's so far (well....that's all I am willing to admit to anyway
) and all have been dissapointing BFN's. My lowest point came when I dragged my young son out in the rain so that I could buy a test and satisfy my urge
: yeesh, what a junkie

Anyway, so I have decided to wait until at least 1 day after expected AF because, afterall, POAS won't make me pregnant
and waiting might actually save me some money!

I think it is a personal choice though, if it makes you feel better to poas than I say go for it. God knows TTC is stressful enough without denying yourself simple (albeit $$$$) pleasures.

All the best,

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I'd love to not test at all, and maybe on our second child I'll do that, but this time around, with the narrow window, I feel like I need to know sooner rather than later. So I'm going to wait until at least 18 days of high temps (not that a test is really necessary then
). The first cycle my birthday will probably be right at 18 days DPO, which would be really really really really cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With my 1st I did not test at all until the 2nd month I missed af. This time around I was testing when I 1st started TTC but have given up on it recently because 4 me it adds to the stress. It seemed as if every time I would think it was "the time" I would test and there would come af! Like I had jinxed myself or something.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I hear ya. Not testing would feel great, but seeing those lines ...
plus I have a test or two in the bathroom and it'd be such a waste to not use them.
I'm striving to wait until 18 DPO, but I've only been charting for about 2 months and my LP was only 12 days - so 18 seems so long.
Only time will tell, I suppose.
(sorry for all the emoticons).

Oh, I started testing a day after I expected AF with DD and got a BFN, then another the next day and the next ... didn't get a BFP until 16 days after we last BDd (not sure exactly when I ovulated) so that was a bummer - thus more motivation for me to be more patient this time around.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I am a recovering posa-aholic. This time I think I am going to NOT test, just do the whole 'body awareness' thing. I already suspect I am preg. but at only 8 or so dpo, its too early to think about it much one way or the other. I also don't want a positive test and then a miscarriage like last time. So my policy is going to have to be no testing until I'm at leat 6 weeks along .

Or something like that.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you guys are just as bad as I am!

I have (er...had
) 20 hpts. I gave some to a friend and tested this am.
No will power, non whatsoever. If they weren't in the house, I know I could've done it! But they're just sitting there...waiting.

I am so bad, though. I am not just going to take one to see if its positive...I pee, label and keep each one to compare.
(And then take pictures of them all lined up. Ahem.)

Plus, something I haven't thought of...digital! I just HAVE to see the word "pregnant" pop up! That would be a great picture for the scrapbook!

·
Registered
702 Posts

Did you really test on 6DPO?!

OK, ladies, what is the EARLIEST you've tested?

I thought I used to have a POAS problem but I have never tested before 10DPO. I am now reformed and I don't keep them in the house so I can't test until I am late. (or VERY nearly late. LOL)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hehehe. I've tested (in my pee test junkie days) as early as 8 dpo. Now the iron rule is 11 dpo, but I'm really going to try and do without the tests altogether this time. I mean, I've been there before, I'll know for sure if I'm pregnant, right>?

And why is it that we NEED the validation of those little pink (or blue) lines anyways? Considering most of us rush off for a beta within minutes anyways, that is. We're all crazy in the same way. Imagine being pregnant in the middle ages and having to guess work the whole thing, while carrying buckets of water and lighting fires and fighting The Black Death and all. Shoot, we have too little to worry about.

That having been said I have a secret test stashed in the uppermost corner of my closet in case I re-lapse and need a hit around the time af is due.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I think it's very important that you all ask yourselves these questions,
:

Have you ever felt you should Cut down on your POASing?

Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your POASing?

Have you ever felt bad or Guilty about your POASing?

Have you ever had POAS first thing in the morning to steady your nerves?

(Keeping in mind of course that alcoholism is a serious problem, and those who fight it are stronger than they know.)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just know somewhere online it says 6dpo is the very earliest you can get a bfp. Not likely, or probably, not even possible for most. But I did read that it was the very earliest. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

wanderinggypsy, its not so much validation that I am craving. More the tangible excitement of watching intently the first line slowly appear and then comparing and seeing those lines get darker and darker.

sapphire_chan, perhaps we should start a poas support group! LOL

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Jill, I think you should test! Every time I was pregnant, though, I 99% knew. It was just a matter of seeing the second line, not of hoping for it. Still, I've taken plenty of negative HPT's too... Its a control thing! Controlling that stupid test to give us the result we want! "This time you will show that line!!"

And if you have so many, take one every day and label them and line them up - just like on pee on a stick.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.