Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I haven't tried it [yet] but it's highly regarded on another message board I frequent--lots of love for it over there. Good results for lots of women.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My Dh has told me about it. He is interested in it since a bunch of guys on his message board have gotten seriously fit from it. I don't even know what it is. Off to look it up!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My brother does it and he was in great shape to start with and is in even better shape now. He runs an 8min mile and is not a runner build. The one thing he said is that you have to be committed to put your all in every day for 1-1.5hours.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I do it, and love it! I'm about halfway through with it. I think it is well done, easy to stick with...somehow I don't have trouble finding the time, even though I hardly could make myself work out 20 minutes a day 3x a week before. The workouts are motivational, and you're working hard enough to make a real difference.
I'm seeing a real difference in strength, old injuries are starting to go away, and my physique is looking better.
The support on the website is great, the equipment requirements aren't too bad, and the workouts are challenging.
There is also a companion diet plan and supplements, but I'm not really following it. I'm careful about what I eat, though, and do supplement my diet. It seems like a good program, it's just not really suited for vegans.
When I complete the 90 days, I'll just do another cycle. You can also do a lean version if you want more tone and less muscle size, or a doubles version. All of these plans are described in the workout spreadsheets that come with the program.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My SIL is a personal trainer and she swears by P90-X. She says it's amazing. I almost bought it for DH for Father's Day but thought he might be insulted. LOL.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have it but I can't find the time to do the workouts, does anyone think it would be ok to stop in the middle of one of the workouts to nurse? My DS wont nurse and then when I start doing something he gets hungry and wants to eat.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I did this early this year and yes, had great results. Ended up pregnant right after though. It did get boring towards the end to me though and the workouts monotonous. I like the foundation of bodyweight exercises and freeweights although some of the isolation exercises are kind of silly. also, mom need to really, really watch the ab video if you have ab separation most all the exercises are counterindicated-unless you want to make it worse.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It's fantastic! We had another Team Beachbody thread for awhile. Haven't posted there in awhile, but there's some good stuff about P90X.
As much as I loved P90X, I have to say I was much more impressed with Chalean Extreme. And I just ordered their new Insanity. It supposed to be the toughest of all.
Good luck with P90X!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts