Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing these neat belly wrap jobs with wovens on the babywearing groups I'm on and it seems like such a neat idea. I kind of can't wait until I can play with it, too. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The last time I got hit with some pretty intense back pain halfway through, so I was planning on trying it this time around. And I agree the wrapping is so much cuter than those brace things you can buy, which make me think of a weight lifter haha. Matilda, anyone?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I did it last time and was back to my pre-pregnancy size within a week and it shortened the post birth bleeding period. When my cycles returned 19 months later it was like someone had set the reset button. Light 4 day periods with no cramps. Total change from my previous life.

I did the jamu wrapping with a Malay woman and got the whole package. She came to my home every day for a week to massage the uterus back down into place, close the pelvis and then she applied all the Javanese herbs to the belly and wrapped me from hip to bra line.

The corset wraps being sold in the west right now are only one part of the wrap, the second layer and without positioning the uterus and other organs before wrapping you run the risk of just squashing everything and preventing everything moving back into place. Get someone to help who knows what they are doing! Talk to a massage therapist about anyone in your area who might be qualified to do this kind of postnatal work. I'm trying to find someone in the SF area right now. It's the most beneficial bodywork I've ever had.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Typebug that sounds amazing!!!!
I never though of it but of course post-delivery body work on the pelvis and uterus is super important!!! Now to find someone in Toronto...

·
Registered
259 Posts
So amazing! I've honestly never even heard of this until now... :innocent

·
Registered
790 Posts
I looked into a lot while pregnant with DD, but never did anything. I will for sure this time. The Colombian women here all use fajas after delivery and have enviable waists for sure. There is a faja shop within a 10 minute drive from my house, which I will definitely take advantage of this time. A faja is more like a girdle than a belly wrap though...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was actually referring to using a woven wrap for belly support, but I'm so glad this also has spurred discussion of post-delivery wraps for support of various types as well. Very cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was actually referring to using a woven wrap for belly support, but I'm so glad this also has spurred discussion of post-delivery wraps for support of various types as well. Very cool.
Soo... needing a wrap for support during pregnancy is TOTALLY a great excuse to buy a new woven, right?!? :wink: I wonder if I can sell DH on that one!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Totally. I hear shorties are the best and I don't have one of those yet. Though I should have a ring sling, soon, and those can be used as well...
http://www.mothering.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
I already told DH that the fact that we don't buy so many of the normal baby things completely justifies spending the money on new slings... I don't have a shorty either! I do have at least three ring slings (and another one on the way from my bestie who is almost at the end of her babywearing days).... but I really REALLY want a WC one for this new little!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts