Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a referral to the OB department at Dartmouth. Long story, but I have postpartum issues that need evlauation and want to move my care there for the time since I have to be seen by GI folks there on postpartum stuff also. Does anyone see or know of an OB there who is at least respectful of natural-minded moms? Many thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasingGrace View Post
I am in the process of getting a referral to the OB department at Dartmouth. Long story, but I have postpartum issues that need evlauation and want to move my care there for the time since I have to be seen by GI folks there on postpartum stuff also. Does anyone see or know of an OB there who is at least respectful of natural-minded moms? Many thanks!
Hi, there is a CNM, CPM named Laurie Foster, info is 40 Deer Meadow Lane Sharon, VT 05065, (802)763-8396 /603-448-3996 or 603-615-6179 [email protected], she would know best about the OB at Dartmouth. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, I moved out of the area now, but I just wanted to share some good experiences at DHMC. I had an antibody issue during my last pregnancy (just last summer). There was the threat of early delivery, many interventions, etc. and I was freaking out. I saw Dr. Emily Baker to evaluate the situation, and she was awesome. She was obviously educated on the problem, but very non-intervention. She completely respected my thoughts and wishes for the birth and assured me they would work with me.
Then, since that situation resolved, I was planning a home birth, and I ended up transferring (no real emergency, just exhausted after 4 days of labor) and everyone there was so kind to me. I was very apprehensive about how they would treat me, since it was a transfer. They were just amazing. They were so respectful and asked to see my birth plan and completely honored it. I could just go on and on about how amazing they all were. (Not sure what it would have been like if I had not been educated about birth, but if you are, they will respect you) I actually cannot remember the name of the dr that assisted in my son's birth though. I also saw Michelle Russell on day 3 of my labor when my mw didn't want to make the drive to see me, and she was very respectful too. She actually even called me a few days later to see how everything worked out with my marathon labor.
Anyway, I think any of the drs would be fine for PP issues. But I really liked Emily Baker if you want a specific name. Good luck!

-Kris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.