Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or know someone who does? I'm thinking of doing one of those at home party businesses. I have two friends who do Party Lite, one that does Pampered Chef, another that does Mary Kay, one who does Stampin' Up. You get the idea, there are a lot of them out there. I went to a Cookie Lee party last month and it was like a jewelry store, the lady had her trays all laid out and a stack of catalogs and she didn't do anything else. No schpiel, no making crafts, no cooking, just sat on the couch and took orders. My son is 2 and I would love to be able to send him to a Waldorf private school when he's 5, so that would give me 3 years to build things up to where I'm making an income off the business.<br><br>
Any experiences with Cookie Lee?

·
Registered
567 Posts
My sister's friend/neighbor of 3 years is a Cookie Lee phenomenon! She started doing it for some pocket money and to have "her own thing" while the kids were in school, etc. She has done REALLY well, to the point where her hubby has joined her in it! The stuff just sells itself. I think the key is having the trays of jewelry available at the party, so people can touch and feel it, and of course, take it home immediately. (I'm never really wowed by the catalog, but if I see it in person, I can't resist.) Oh, and the prices are reasonable. And the profit margin is really good (like 50% maybe? can't recall).<br><br>
Oh, just remembered my sister's OTHER friend (lives in Ohio, I think) started with Cookie Lee a few years ago too, and she's done exceptionally well, too.<br><br>
Oh, and just a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with Cookie Lee other than personally knowing my sister's 2 friends. I sell candles instead!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
My sister in law sells it and loves it. She just started so I can't say she's made a lot beyond what shes' reinvested in buying more jewelry for herself which was her original goal. The stuff is beautiful though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts