Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I really need help, and would love to know if I just have a weird baby, or anyone else has been through this and out the other side.<br><br>
My 7 month old has a new craze of rolling onto his tummy when he goes for a nap. He is then stuck (hasn't figured out rolling back) and gets slowly more agitated (takes a while, doesn't cry immediately, just kind of squarks) until mumma turns him back. Then of course he can have the fun all over again. And again. And again. This can go on over an hour. No crying, but no sleeping. Today he fell asleep in the middle of a bottle and I know he is exhausted, and it still took 45 mins of rolling before he gave in and slept.<br><br>
Anyone got any bright ideas short of supergluing his precious little butt to the mattress?

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Well, I didn't have this problem, but I can see where it would be hard.<br><br>
I suppose you've tried putting rolled up towels or something alongside him? By 7 months he can probably bat those away though.<br><br>
If he's not crying, how long will he squawk for if you don't roll him back? Maybe sit there with him and see what happens if you don't help roll him back.<br><br>
I can say that he should be able to roll back over in the other direction really soon. Maybe just be sure to put him on his tummy a lot during the day so he can get as much practice as possible.<br><br>
I have to remind myself of this still, but it really helps to remember that it is a stage and really will pass before you know it. Hang in there!

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Try giving him more 'tummy time' when he's awake, so he can practice rolling over in the other direction. My niece had to be taught to roll over both ways, so it might help if you show him how to move his legs to help push off too. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts