Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Montpelier, VT and am looking for other families that speak Spanish at home with their children. My dh is still learning Spanish so he speaks mostly English to dd but does speak some Spanish. I am originally from Colombia (south America) and am fluent in both languages.

I've read in the threads that there are co-op homeschools that teach Spanish and while I hope to join in the fun, my dd is still too young. She's 9 1/2 months old.

So, anyone live in the area wanting to get together to have a support/play group that speaks Spanish to their babies/toddlers? I'd even be interested in taking the lead on this and helping a mama out who wants to teach their baby Spanish.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I wish I lived near you!!!! DH and I want DS to know other languages.. In school I took Spanish and he took French... but neither can speak it fluently. Right now we are starting some Muzzy DVDs in Manderian.

Actually, I hope to move back to Massachusetts where the communities are much more diverse, and I think finding a Spanish/English playgroup would be easy.

Sigh..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have you considered looking into a Spanish immersion program? It would be a great way to continue with the bilingual education your lo is receiving at home. Many districts are beginning to implement immersion programs into their public school systems. I would consider this option if the hopes are for your lo have fluency in both languages. Heck, he might even pick up a third language, depending on the program, since many also offer Japanese or Mandarin as a secondary option.

Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.