Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not gained any weight yet -- but my clothes are getting tighter (waist and breast). Had to buy a new bra today.

Guess you really do start to show earlier 2nd time around.

Alicia

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
A teeny bit; only I would notice.

I've got a friend expecting #2 who's a few weeks ahead of me. I swear she looks 6+ months with a belly the size of a cantalope. How can that possibly be when her baby (yes, only 1) is, like, the size of lime? I think she's faking it! :LOL (Ok, I'm just jealous).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Jana- I hear ya on the "exploding breasts" thing... I bought 2 "fancy, going-to-town" bras and two stay at home bras. The nice ones are mycurrent size (42 DDD, up from 40 DD before pregnancy). The other two are 46 DDD, hopefully big enough to get me through "most" of my pregnancy. I am planning to get some bra extenders if I need them. my belly is big too, but I am not fitting into my 22/24 maternity clothes yet. They are loose and that is NICE

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I went and bought some maternity clothes yesterday. The only regular clothes I have that fit are my old work clothes (not appropriate for toddler chasing in 90+ heat) and exercise clothes. I'm once again really disappointed in maternity stuff. Three years ago I got a bunch at Old Navy and was quite happy with them, but there quality seems to have really deteriorated. I compared thickness and the new ones are much much thinner.

So anyway, I haven't gained any weight yet, but my belly is definitely bigger.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
No weight gain here yet, but I am wearing a few select maternity pieces. Things that aren't "tent like" so they can pass. My belly is larger, but I can still fit into my "big jeans".. so it hasn't gotten TOO big yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am a little curious as to why my rear end feels the need to try to be bigger than my belly. I swear that thing is bigger than it was a week ago. WHY WHY WHY?????

I don't mind the belly, but come on with the big ole booty.

And I've only gained a pound. sheesh!!!!! :LOL

·
Registered
592 Posts
What is it with all of your and your no/very little weight gain??? I must admit a little envy. I've gained 8 lbs as of about a week ago, probably 9 by now. I also gain some in the thighs and rear end; I know my body stores fat there for breastfeeding, as it all seems to disappear 6 months after the baby is born.

I've been in maternity clothes for about 2 weeks, although many of the pants are too big. But my normal pants are too small. I'm just kind of in between.

Two strangers have commented on the pregnancy in the last week. I guess it's pretty obvious, at just 11 weeks.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
This is the first pregnancy that I haven't gained any in the first 2 months. Totally weird for me. Usually I gain at least 10 pounds by my first 10 week appt. I'm as surprised as you are! :LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gosh, you ladies are helping me so much! Anyway, I think I've gained, maybe, 4 pounds but it feels like much more. I think I'll need to buy a new bra soon which kind of surprises me. I had no idea that would happen this early. I just woke up one morning and there they were. I'm wondering when the time will come that nothing really fits. When did you guys start buying maternity clothes? I haven't bought any yet. It just seems like such a big step. Is that weird?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm ten weeks and I just weighed myself and I've lost a few pounds. I started off heavier than I was when I got pg with ds, so I don't mind the loss. I do find it curious as I haven't had ms. I just haven't been too terribly hungry.

Still have a belly though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I definitely feel like I'm pooching out way early this time. With my daughter I didn't wear maternity clothes until late in my 5th month. Guess things always happen sooner with second babies. I haven't increased any in the boob department which kind of has me bummed. Same thing happened with my daughter and I didn't have enough milk for her. Oh well...there's still time=)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm not showing yet but can't get into some of my pants. And my boobs are bigger, which makes some of my blouses look a bit top heavy. I'm really glad my summer wardrobe already consists of a lot of sarongs and loose batik print dresses. I'm not looking forward to having to find maternity clothes this fall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.