Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He can sleep by himself..but longer if on me or me next to him-snuggled against me. If he wakes it's just easier to nurse him back down if he's on me. Our bed is raised so I can't put him there. I don't mind him on me at all...just wondering if there is a PROBLEM with this?

· Premium Member
2,800 Posts
LOL at the 'let' part - I WISH my 12.5 month old would nap on me! It happens often that we are visiting someone and he gets tired and fussy and it would be so much easier if I could just nurse and snuggle him and he would fall asleep, and then I could stay and visit longer! But no, he needs to lay down in bed to sleep.

· Registered
3,419 Posts
My son will be three in April. He rarely naps any more, but I hold him for probably 95% of those rare naps.

We all had a cold this past week. He took several naps (illness does that to a tyke) and I think I only laid him down once and that was next to me, on the couch. Part of it was that he could breathe better slightly elevated in my arms, part of it was just habit. Plus, he looks so innocent when he sleeps, it reminds me that I actually *do* like him.

· Registered
75 Posts
My 19 month old DS sleeps 3 hr naps on me every day we are home. I love the closeness and I am able to get my work done on the computer. How do you do this if you have 2 kids who want to sleep on your lap?

· Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for posting, I've been wondering the same thing. DS will nap for 40 mins without me there and now we're down to just one nap, I have to get him to sleep longer. I really enjoy it but want to go back to work - how will he nap at daycare?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.