Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have a serious problem with candida . . . especially when I'm bf. I tried making bread and buying bread and IMO . . . yuck!! The bread was so awful tasting, it just wasn't worth eating.

The only was I was able to get rid of the yeast was using a special probiotic I had to buy online. It's called Threelac, and you can do a search for it to find places to buy it. (Since I don't sell it, it's okay for me to give this info, right?) It's expensive, but it was well worth the money I spent . . . after taking prescriptions, diet changes, and suffering for months, it was the only thing that worked.

HTH!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have been suffering with Candida overgrowth for almost a year.. started with bfing as well. I ate Ezekiel bread (in frezzer/fridge section).
wanted to add that i took Threelac and it really did seem to help! My candida is under control now and if i keep taking probiotics every day and cut down on sweets i dont have a problem.
It is the worst health problem i have ever had and it is sooo hard to find foods to eat! I lost over 30lbs on the candida diet.. have gained back 10 eating 'regular' foods. sometimes i think i should go back on the diet cuz i felt so good and was nice and thin.. but the limits in diet are hard too hard for me. I ate a lot of salmon/rice/vegies and no carbs really or sweets or even fruit.

Ava

·
Registered
9,053 Posts

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Whoops... I make bread from almond flour, eggs, coconut oil or butter, and baking soda.

PM me if you would like the recipe. It is from the Breaking the Vicious Cycle book. Makes good muffins too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.