Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I never did a weekly belly pic with my other 3 full term pregnancies... I do have pics but not a weekly progression but I decided to do that this time.... every Saturday since that's when my "new week" begins. Anyone else????

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
We just took our first. The pregnancy journal that I picked out this time is "The Belly Book" and it has places to put belly pictures, so I'm making an attempt.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ive already got tons of belly pics! they are my favorite!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ok ladies, so where are these pics at that you've already taken? Huh? Someone needs to start the official belly pic thread and make it a sticky at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Nothing to see yet, lol! I'll probably wait till closer to 12 wks.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
A friend of mine when she found out (at 13dpo, none the less) told me to start RIGHT NOW.

Um.... no.

I do keep thinking I want to start, only so we have a baseline for the later shots. But...
Maybe soon.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I took one the morning I found out. I plan to take one each month. Is that not enough? Seems one a week would get cumbersome. Of course, when the baby comes, it will be at least a hundred a day!
Gotta love the instant gratification of digital!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I took a few from the last pregnancy, starting at around 24 weeks. I will take some this pregnancy, too, once I begin to show.

I personally don't really want a "before" image to torture myself over when I'm pp, feeling flabby and jiggly. I don't want to have a picture of an ideal that I might be trying to get back to, because I understand that your body changes after each pregnancy. I want to be able to let it be what it will, healthfully.

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Ah, but see I start out all flabby and jiggly, which is actually part of my reluctance to take early pictures - I already have a slight "pokey out" belly, and I'm just not relishing a side view of it.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I took them every week with M. I'm taking them on even weeks this time. I have my 8 week one, I missed my 10 week one on Friday, I still need to take it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Last time around I think we started at 16 weeks, and took a photo every 4 weeks. There are hardly any pictures of me pregnant the first time, so I wanted to make sure we took some. My husband just asked today when we should start taking pics...think we'll wait til there's a bit more to see.

·
Registered
364 Posts
With my last pregnancy I took pictures every week starting at 5 weeks. This time around I haven't taken any yet. I really didn't start showing much at all until I was about 5 months along so all the pictures prior to the 5-month mark just seem weird since it's pictures of me showing off my flat belly. I will probably start after my appointment tomorrow so I know what my offical due date will be and take one every week from there.
It would be cool to compare this pregnancy from my last though! I'm starting out thinner this time but since it's my second pregnancy maybe I'll show sooner!

Kristen

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I do have an 8 week pic and I'll take a 10 week pic Thursday... every other week sounds like a good idea. I agree with Sandy, we should have a sticky for posting pics!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I went ahead and made an "official" thread for our belly pics. It should become a sticky pretty soon I hope. Just awaiting the mods response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts