Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I can remember thinking about an upcoming birth and envisioning it as being easy. I'm generally right about my births, too. I think this is not going to be a difficult birth. Mercy feels like a dancer to me, and I think she's just going to dance her way out into the world. I've had bad feelings going into births and been right, and called my 11 lber as soon as I found out I was pregnant with him, but this feels like it's going to be an easy birth.

Anyone else getting that kind of feeling?

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I think I DESERVE an easy one after my last birth, but that's not the same thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I feel like this will be an easy birth but I'm a first-timer too. I'm doing Hypnobabies though and it's hard to do that and not think you are going to have an easy birth IMO.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm thinking that real labor and the actual birth will be easy enough. Fiona's was super easy. But I had a lot of prodromal labor that was anything but easy, so I'm worried about that.. not the pain, but the exhaustion. I'm really hoping that was a positional thing with Fiona and that I might get to skip it this time.

I don't really have any intuitive feelings, but since my last birth (and first natural birth) went so much better than I expected, I don't see why it wouldn't be similar. All my births followed a pretty similar pattern (first two were with epidurals and pitocin, but still progressed the same way as my homebirth), so I don't see why, barring complications, this one would be different.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had strong feelings about my last birth that it would go quickly. I didn't hire a doula (and I AM a doula), I didn't want to spend money on a birth tub, all because I didn't think there was time for those things. I was right - a half hour of active labor and my son emerged into my underwear. There was five inches of water in the kiddie pool we'd purchased for $25 (to serve as a birth tub).

This time, I'm having strong feelings that it will be my most difficult labor. I called in a doula friend to be there, I'm having a tub, and I even paved the way at the closest hospital in case there's a transfer.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
i'm pretty sure mine will be easy. ds wasn't hard. it was 16 hours however i got "interupted" in the middle of it and couldn't get going again easily AND i went to the hospital way early in "labor" but not. i was having irregular contractions that wouldn't speed up or slow down but also wouldn't go away from different positions. i probably would have been a lot better off just taking a nap and waking up with full on labor. i think that the first time jitters made the labor about 5 hours longer than it had to be. dd was 3 hours. 1 day of false labor (about 2 hours of intense painful working contractions that just stopped) 2 days before she was born. so i'm counting on being pretty fast...probably faster as i approach my due date/go past. neither labor was out of control though and it was all "easy" in my perspective! mostly i think making sure there are no JITTERS is the key!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I had a very easy birth last time around and feel like this is going to be a little more painful but just as simple. Last time I had an almost-painless birth. I feel like this baby is going to throw me for a loop somehow and be a malpresentation or just be humongous.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I definitely think it'll be easy...i'm glad someone mentioned it here bc i don't dare say that to other people. Since it's my first most people would just laugh at me, like they think there's no way birth can be easy! It's so messed up how our society is programmed to think of the birthing process as the worst pain ever!

I'm actually really looking forward to birthing time-like Christmas for a kid!
, i can hardly wait!
I am doing hypnobabies, so that contributes to most of it-mind over matter

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
i can't say it will be easy, but i'm looking forward to the experience, and feel confident in my physical and emotional/psychological capabilities to handle it well.

whenever i think about it, i imagine myself calm, focused, working hard but working through and keeping perspective.

i'm excited and feel privileged to get to experience the every day miracle that labor is.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
It's so messed up how our society is programmed to think of the birthing process as the worst pain ever!

When I was in L&D Friday I was dealing with kidney pain I told the nurse that kidney stones are much worse than natural childbirth and I could tell by the look on her face she didn't believe me. It's not like I've been through both things so I might know what I am talking about or anything

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_kristina View Post
When I was in L&D Friday I was dealing with kidney pain I told the nurse that kidney stones are much worse than natural childbirth and I could tell by the look on her face she didn't believe me. It's not like I've been through both things so I might know what I am talking about or anything

People always do the same thing when I tell them that I'd take 53 hours of labor all over again, but they can have the c-section.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
People think I'm nuts because I have chronic migraines and have said many times I'd give birth every day of the week rather than have another migraine. I can deal with short term pain- especially 'working' pain that has a purpose.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenica View Post
I feel like this will be an easy birth but I'm a first-timer too. I'm doing Hypnobabies though and it's hard to do that and not think you are going to have an easy birth IMO.
Exactly this! I keep repeating my favorite affirmation I read somewhere " My body will open like a flower and my baby will slip out."

Let's just hope it works out that way...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.