Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for pictures of what these look like on 'real' people and feedback on the fit etc...

I am thinking of getting one custom made for my next baby but would like to know what others think of them first.

www.starslings.com is the website ...but the pics are all drawings ... I want to see what they look like for real!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
But the problem with a non-adjustable stretchy pouch made of hemp is that it gets stretched out of shape. THe only way to get it back to normal is to wash it. It doesn't say it's fleece, does it? (or does it?)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I never thought about that. I never adjust my Pea in the Pod though... it never seems to get that stretched out.

I looked and it's hemp/cotton... mmmm... maybe it feels like a nice El Bee diaper....

I want one!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Medium hemp ...can't wait for it to get here ... though I was talking to the owner about sending her some fabric (I kinda want a brocade and silk pouch ...along the lines of zolo ...but I am tired of ring slings) ... first I want to make sure that I like the fit of it though before investing into fabric and shipping. I might get some hemp silk and dye it to match or contrast with a brocade ...and send it all to her ... hmmm ..this is sounding delicious enough to be in the diapering forum LOL.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It came it came!!!!!

So excited ....

First off I have to say it is VERY well made. I was a bit surprised with the fabric ...felt a bit canvasy (but you're supposed to wash it to shrink it to the right size before you use it) ... it washed up really soft and did shrink quite a bit(it was a tad big LOL). It's made with woven fabric so there's no stretch but dd (who's 30+ lbs) found it to be comfortable ( I asked her if the fabric hurt her legs at all and she said no. We will be trying it out for a LONG trek into town tomorrow and I will let you all know how badly it hurt my shoulder (if such is the case LOL ...I have yet to meet a sling that doesn't feel like it is popping my shoulder out of its socket after over an hour of walking).

It's really very beautiful in a simple and elegant kind of way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't post here very much but wanted to comment on these slings. They are AWESOME. I have a Hotsling and LOVE it but these are great too. I have one for me, one for DH, and one for my mom. Customer service is GREAT. One got lost in the mail and she replaced it with no questions asked.

I have one of the hemp ones and it's really good. DH and my mom have the denim.
HTH
Steph

1 - 13 of 13 Posts