Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
A woman at DS' daycare got one of those for her daughter. It indicated a boy, and last week she gave birth to a girl!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah, I wouldn't take it too seriously but looks like it might be fun, especially for all us testing addicts. I read that it works similar to drano test. I have a couple friends that it was right on for, but 50/50 odds are pretty good

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOakMomma View Post
Aren't 50/50 odds the same as guessing it yourself?
Yeah I was being sarcastic

I guess it sounds kinda fun to me even if not right, too see if it's same as what I feel

·
Registered
263 Posts
Clement has been reading about these online....and I told him he was nuts if he thought I was going to do this.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It might be more "fun" to try if it didn't cost $35. That is inSANE for a test that seems like less than 2/3 accurate. And when you consider that 50% is just dumb luck, they haven't really raised their accuracy high enough to be considered scientifically accurate. Esp when you consider variables. It isn't even worth talking about accuracy in my book. I would rather the ring test.
That seems to work just as well and is free!

However, my friend is CONVINCED she is having a girl from this test and I hope for her sake it is right because in her mind, this test is serious business and there is no chance it could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommamisty View Post
Chinese Birth Calendar was right for 2 out of my 4....

It was right for DD....when I said it was carp b/c I thought I was having a boy.

And if it's right again I should be having a girl...which now DH says it's carp b/c he thinks I'm having a boy.

We shall see.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post
Kinda of on the same note, anyone looked into the CHINESE BIRTH CALENDAR?

I've been told it's very accurate. It goes by the age of the Mom and month of conception.

http://www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm
Hmmm, Chinese calendar says Girl for me (Dec conception, I'll be 26). But then I looked up Em (Aug conception, I was 25) and it says Boy.

So who knows.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Chinese calendar says girl for my first two (and while DD is very much a girl... DS is very much not)

says boy this time.

but hey... its got a 50/50 shot of being right!

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post
Kinda of on the same note, anyone looked into the CHINESE BIRTH CALENDAR?

I've been told it's very accurate. It goes by the age of the Mom and month of conception.

http://www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm
Chinese birth calendar has been right for all three of mine. As for #4, that remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The Chinese calendar said I should have two girls.
Last time I checked, I was the only girl living in my house!

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I used intelligender, it said boy, I'm having a girl.

Also, it exploded (I followed the directions to a T) exploded on my very expensive table and took the finish off of it. I had to take pictures of the marks, send them to the company and they had to pay for my table ($650 to refinish it). The test is NOT worth the $30 it cost. I could predict your baby's gender based on heart rate better than this test can tell you. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.