Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi... my daughter is 14 months and has allergies and eczema on her face and one hand... Once she started eating solid foods, the problems started. We gave her probiotics from the start... her gut SHOULD be fine!! She gets omega 3 in flax oil too.

She does have genetics against her being that her father and I both have allergies. We're doing homeopathy with her with the help of a naturopath and have eliminated the most common food allergens with great results so far (it's only been 1 1/2 weeks so I'm trying to be patient)... but I want to stop the allergy response not avoid it which seems impossible because she seems to be allergic to environmental things too as spring is approaching.

I've heard that NAET can really help a lot to the point of eliminating the allergy... Supposedly you're supposed to use a true NAET practitioner though to get real results.

Has anyone had any experience with NAET? I read that they can do it acupressure rather than acupuncture for the little ones.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My DD had NAET for eczema two years ago, when she was 4 years old and had suffered from eczema since she was a year old. Using muscle testing, the NAET practitioner determined she was allergic to dairy, eggs, strawberries, the MMR vaccine (which she'd gotten at age 1), trees (surrounded by them), cats (we had one that slept with her) and I don't remember what all else.<br><br>
The practitioner began by "clearing" eggs. It was a short, acupressure procedure; little DD held onto a carton of eggs, feathers, tetracycline and other egg/poultry products while the practitioner did acupressure along her back and wrists. Little DD felt like she was being tickled and actually enjoyed the procedure. Little DD had to avoid all poultry products (eggs, chicken, feathers, etc.) for 24 hours from the time of treatment. Then (next visit), she cleared dairy--same thing: the acupressure treatment, then a directive to stay away from all dairy products for 24 hours. Then MMR, strawberries and some other stuff. Still, little DD's eczema raged. We thought sure it was because we hadn't yet cleared her for cats. (This one was going to be exceptionally difficult because of the 24-hour avoidance rule: You can't just remove the cat from the house and call that total avoidance of the cat. We would've had to go someplace where there NEVER HAD BEEN a cat.)<br><br>
Then one day about two weeks into the NAET treatments, little DD ate a bunch of tangerines (which she had shown not to be allergic to) and broke out in hives. Next day, the muscle testing showed she was allergic. So she got cleared for citrus.<br><br>
Her eczema began clearing up immediately and hasn't returned. I never had her cleared for cats or trees, and she still lives among the oaks with two cats that sleep with her, but she has no problems with allergies that we're aware of. She eats oranges and drinks orange juice all the time.<br><br>
This particular practitioner said when she treats babies or toddlers, she treats them through their mothers. She did treat my DD that way for one of the allergens--I don't remember which one or why--and it just involved me placing my hands at a certain point on DD's head while the practitioner did acupressure on me while DD held the allergen in her hand.<br><br>
I hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've been taking my 6-year old to a NAET practitioner since last June (appointments approximately every 2 weeks). He has autism, asthma, and allergies. All of his treatments are done through me as a surrogate (holding hands and such like the pp mentioned).<br><br>
In the time we've been going, I've seen subtle results and dramatic ones. He can now have foods that once caused problems for him. Consuming dairy products used to cause eczema and stuffy nose. No more. Consuming gluten used to cause near-complete autism regression. No more. He doesn't have these foods regularly, but that was never my goal anyway. I just wanted him to be able to share a friend's birthday cake without suffering for 2 days afterward. And these are the "subtle" results I've seen with him.<br><br>
I hadn't even heard of NAET a year ago. But when I researched it a bit, I felt the instinctual "click" that told me it could help my son, just as that same "click" led me to homeopathy for my daughter (with near-miracles for her). I hope you find answers for your suffering little one.<br><br>
Tara

·
Registered
758 Posts
DD and I are doing the treatments right now. Georgia has had about 5 treatments and I have had 2. We go at separate times b/c I am a surrogate for her. So far we have only done the bsaic things so we haven't gotten to her big allergen (casein and whey) I hope this works I'll keep you all posted.<br><br>
amy

·
Registered
90 Posts
op, i can relate...my ds (now almost 15 months...time flies) who was exclusively breastfed until 6 1/2 months, never vaccinated and never given antibiotics suffered from terrible food allergies resulting in horrendous exzema and digestive issues. after many months of elimination diets, many health food gurus, suppliments, creams, oitments, a naturopath and our regular pediatrician, we found naet and our lives changed.<br><br>
since i am breastfeeding, our practitioner treated both ds and me. she used accupressure and used me as a surrogate for muscle testing, but treated him directly for the allergens. it took us months of treatment (sometimes going as often as three times per week) for him to be basically clear...he does have an occasional itch here or there, but our practitioner figures it out and clears him. although there were some visits where we saw immediate results, most of his healing took time. there were some allergens that needed to be cleared several times and in combination with other allergens (ie wheat and dairy were big ones). i thought i was pretty allergy free myself until i started getting cleared and noticed how much healthier i felt...how my knees didn't bother me during weather changes...how my energy level increased.<br><br>
needless to say...i could write a book about this...i'll spare everyone...but will add that finding a good naet practitioner turned our lives around...i went from being a nervous wreak (keeping detailed food journals, fearing everything that went into my mouth or ds's, blaming myself for his suffering) to being a lot more calm and just enjoying my kids!!<br><br>
hope this is helpful<br>
peace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi-<br><br>
I've read the responses of other mothers, and it is a relief that others have found NAET treatments useful.<br><br>
My now 10 month old daughter has extensive food allergies that we discovered when she was 1.5 months old. She had a myraid of symptoms that all came together (bloody stool, green stool (when 100% breastfed), body rash, stuffy nose, goopy eyes, and lets not forget the unconsolable wailing) when we became really worried there was something seriously wrong with her...fortunately, all could be treated with diet. When allergies became the first possibility, I immediately stopped eating the biggies: dairy, wheat, tomatoes, sugar, fish and had her tested with muscle testing (me as surrogate). As it turned out, she was allergic to much more: dairy, wheat, all nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant), all gluten grains as well as corn (which left rice and teff grains), fish, seafood, nuts, soy, possibly red meat, pork,eggs, hmmm...did I leave anything out??<br><br>
Anyway, what I then did was take the little that was left and put in into a 4 day rotation (see Peggy's article, this issue). It was very hard at first, but my daughter changed overnight from miserable with all those symptoms, to happy with no symptoms. At about 4 months old, we started NAET. I wasn't so sure if it was working (it really seems like voo-doo), and I haven't been able to get a good explanation of physiologically what the treatment is doing (as a biologist, I was looking for a scientific explanation), but the reality is, I don't think anybody really knows how it works (immunologically), but that it does. And since her treatments, I can now eat eggs, and oatmeal, etc. (she still gets most of her nourishment from breastmilk, though eats some solids...her solids are on rotation as well, thus are limited at this point).<br><br>
The NAET also seemed to help her with her allergy to the dog. Whe she was beginning to crawl, she was smothering her face in the carpet, and she had eczema all over her body. It took 2 treatments, but she cleared it, and the eczema is gone...<br><br>
It's cases like this that lead me to believe that the treatments are doing something beneficial for her. The best part is that the treatments are non-invasive, and really it's worth trying.<br><br>
please feel free to ask about our NAET experiences, since we've been doing it for over 6 months...(a good friend of mine has been doing it for over two years for her daughter) also, our practitioner works in our pediatrician's office...and they swear by rotation diet in congunction--it's supposed to help with the toleration of foods that there is a mild sensitivity to as well as to prevent developing new sensivities. It's hard, but the smile on my little girls face is it's own reward.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
we've been doing NAET for two months and have seen some progress, but are still struggling with ds' eczema.<br><br>
I'm hoping for a big break in that. Maybe we should do citrus next...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the rest of us: your stories gave me the energy to go for it! Today I booked an appointment with a Chiropractor in Chicago who does also NAET. I am going for a normal chiro visit for my TMJ to begin with so as to have a chance to talk with her and see what it is all about and how she would operate with the kids' allergies if I chose to go to her.<br>
Meanwhile if there is someone out there who knows of a "certified" good NAET practicioner in Chicago I am still interested in referrals. I am going to this one simply because it is the only one I have found on the internet that appeals to me.<br>
Thanks again,<br><br>
Cristina

1 - 8 of 8 Posts