Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
i love them. they are very absorbant and fit well. last night i actually forgot to put a cover over one and ds slept the whole night without soaking my bed. the diaper was a little damp in the morning (8 hours later) - but no leak. i was really impressed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by girl138
i love them. they are very absorbant and fit well. last night i actually forgot to put a cover over one and ds slept the whole night without soaking my bed. the diaper was a little damp in the morning (8 hours later) - but no leak. i was really impressed.
That's awesome news! I bought them because they are so inexpensive and I have heard they are very absorbant. I hope they are good at containing BF poop.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by laneylue
That's awesome news! I bought them because they are so inexpensive and I have heard they are very absorbant. I hope they are good at containing BF poop.
They work for us! ds is 4 months old and has veryyyy liquidy bf poop. i think you'll be very happy with them!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by swell_mel
are they very trim? or are they as bulky as a pf?
as far as fitteds go, they are pretty trim! depending on what size / type of prefolds you use they could be more or less bulky. here's a picture of my son wearing one as a point of reference... (isn't he adorable!?) hehe

http://mommacommune.com/home/files/joshuathirsties.jpg

i LOVE these for under wool coveres. they are sooo perfect.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
What a cute little guy! I think I'll order a few of these to try. How small are the smalls, like say compared to a Kissaluv 0?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Quote:

smalls will fit any baby that's 6-12 pounds. the leg gathering are very generous, thankfully - so even the chubby guys & ladies fair well =)

hth!
Thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a Thirsties cover. Are the Thirstie's covers made spefically for the Thirstie's fitteds because in the front of it there is a little flap of PUL material that doesn't seem to work really well with a pf. If I don't tuck the pf into it then the cover sticks out from my little girls tummy so the pf is exposed, but if I tuck it then the pf bunches up weird. I know this thread isn't about the covers, but thought it might be applicable.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

I have a Thirsties cover. Are the Thirstie's covers made spefically for the Thirstie's fitteds because in the front of it there is a little flap of PUL material that doesn't seem to work really well with a pf. If I don't tuck the pf into it then the cover sticks out from my little girls tummy so the pf is exposed, but if I tuck it then the pf bunches up weird. I know this thread isn't about the covers, but thought it might be applicable.

The thirsties coveres are supposed to be able to used with a prefold or fitted, but in my experience, they do work a little better with a thirsties fitted. I have used one with a cpf and my prefold was exposed too..., but it didn;t really bother me and as far as absorption goes, i have no complaints.

did you have a leakage problem, or was it all aesthetic?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:

did you have a leakage problem, or was it all aesthetic?
juat aesthetic. I tucked the prefold into the little flap because I fold down the back of the pf instead of the front. It works better like that for my baby girl. I was too paranoid that it would leak. I that what the flap is for or no?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here I was thinking I had stumbled on a "secret diaper shop" when I ordered my Thirsties from Momma Commune Boutique last week! (Need to get over here to MDC more often, clearly!)

Hah! Thanks so much, Jenna! If I like my first Thirsties fitted, I'll be ordering more from you!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:

Is that what the flap is for or no?
It is meant to protect from leaking through the sewing on the front of the cover, so you may not want to tuck a diaper in there.

But I second that Thirsties are good diapers (& covers), especially for the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.