Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dd is 13 months old and still nurses every 2 hours or so... i am thinking about TTC but im afraid with all her nursing.
AF came back when she was 6 1/2 months old and is on a regular schedule so it wont be a problme to conceive i dont think.. im just nervous for my little one...any thoughts?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey there!

Me! And considering one of the times I got pregnant while nursing my nursling was only 9 months old and not eating many solids....

Unfortunately you can't predict how your milk supply is going to react to pregnancy. Mamas who are ttc while nursing and want to continue the nursing relationship should, IMHO, realize that they're going to need to continue to allow their nursling to regulate their supply, which could lead to more frequent nursings when/if your supply dips. Some nurslings continue to nurse even when there is little to no milk. Some mamas don't experience a dip in supply at all, or just a slight drop, and a few produce even more milk when pregnant. Our bodies work in mysterious ways!

HTH...and if not, you know where to find me!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have a 14 month old who is still nursing like crazy. I have only had thre cycles they were 17 days 19 days and 45 days. I think It may take us a while. To get Elli it took 7 months of careful charting, so this new one is even a bigger challenge. My biggest fear is that my supply will crash and Elli will wean, that would really bum me out
: . Hoping to concive a new little one, while keeping my now nursling happy
:

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aww mamas. im glad im not the only one!! thank you!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I wanted to add that in many cases, avid nurslings don't lose interest in nursing and continue through pregnancy....and some "wean" during pregnancy only to resume nursing once the new baby is born.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there!

I am ttc, and my little one is 14.5 months and nurses like crazy through the night...I have just returned to work, so want to be as accessible as possible, but it's been almost a month and no period...I have been ttc for about 4 months now and nothing...I do ovluate, but no period...it's all so confusing...any suggestions? I don't want my babe to wean when pregnant either, but want to get things rolling otherwise

Micheline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts