Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been thinking of trying a naturopath as we want to start using more homeopathic remedies rather than medicinal ones? Anyone here have experience (good or bad) with naturopaths?

·
Registered
92 Posts
First saw your post in vaccinations. Was going to reply there, but here I am.<br><br>
My dd sees both a ped. and homeopath who still has his MD license. I use the ped. for "who really knows why - in case of needing stitches or nasty bac. infection." I use the homeopath to treat dd ecezma. The only drug or shot she has ever had is vitamin k. I travel about 2 hours for the homeopath and pay out of pocket and am glad to do it. DH who is a chiro and I are extremely impressed. Homeopath practices constitutional homeopath which I can best describe as dealing with the entire person - asked questions about personality, food preferences, sleeping positions, etc.<br><br>
Here is his email address - perhaps he knows someone in your neck of the woods. <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br><br>
You also mentioned in your first post about using more homeopathic remedies. I'm a newbee, but Hyland's Kid's Kit is a good place to start. Has several rememdies and booklet on what to use when.<br><br>
Hope I helped.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Im lucky enough to live in one of the few states that alows naturopaths to practice, and we have a good one. Still havent found a ped I like, but wouldnt mind having one of those either.<br><br>
Whenever dd's been ill, flu or cold, he's given us remedies that work within 24hours! The first visit was pricey,but he spent about an hour and a half with us. After that they run around 40bucks, not including remedies. He also has a dd a year older than mine, and lives around the corner from me! Not that I bother him at his home or anything........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts