Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nak

i was desperate to clean the house today and dd was super clingy but i'm finding more and more that the mayawrap/hipcarry is uncomfy and dd is feelin too heavy..i was so wishing i had a back carrier when i had an

i undid the sling and put dd on my back using the long fabric of the maya in a rucksack carry
i just looked up the info on mamatoto

phew! now for *sure* i wont shell out hte $ for a wrap carrier, this was super comfy and felt secure since i could tie in under her bum and put the excess fabric in the rings
and she didnt hate it and u dont want the drama queen upset!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have pondered that possibility, but even the large is not enough fabric for me to do this, and I normally wear a small MW. But that's awesome that you had the gumption to try it and it worked!
Have you tried the regular MW back carry? It's pretty comfy and easy, too. But, of course, one-shouldered.
Pic! Let's see it!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm gonna have to try that. I've been trying to get Ilyas on my back using the Maya, but with not-so-great results. I'll check out mamatoto!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm well i'm fairly small, so is dd and i used a small mayawrap as well. i'll be using my medium one though as soon as i get it back from a friend who borrowed it (
: great grammar)

i have tried the back carry w/ the mayawrap several times over the past few months and we just dont like it at all
she squirms and fusses and i have to hunch over to feel she wont fall out

we are goin up 'north' in a couple days and i was wondering what i'd do when we went hiking and now the perfect solution and no extra $

sorry no pics though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts