Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into other midwives in the Dayton, OH area since it seems that Greene won't reconsider closing its midwifery office.

Crystal Hammond, associated with Dr. James Frede, is a CNM in Springfield. Has anyone used her before? I'd be interested in hearing about experiences with her.

Thanks!
Laura

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer hospital but I'm open to both. I've heard lukewarm to bad things about Miami Valley, and I know I don't want to go to Kettering.

I don't know much about the Springfield hospitals. I'm not aware of a birth center in Dayton - let me know if you find that info again.

Laura

·
Registered
737 Posts
I delivered in May 2005 at Family Beginnings and had nothing but positive experience with them. I had a very enjoyable water birth, every request we made was honored without question, and they even thought to ask my husband things like if we wanted to take the placenta home (which is not something we chose to do but it's nice to have something like that offered IMO), they followed up with a home visit within 2 days of discharge from the center, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Specifically I've heard that Family Beginnings is great if you can stay there, but that MVH is very quick to transfer people out. My midwife said they'll transfer you out if you get a hangnail...an exaggeration for effect, but you get the idea.

But a doula I know said that it depends a lot on who your care provider is.

Has anyone used Good Sam? The Samaritan midwives advertised in the Yellow Springs newspaper last week and I was going to check them out.

Laura

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.