Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys probably think I'm nuts
, but my 3 year old babies are getting pretty close to weaning and sometimes I dream about having another baby just so I can nurse! (well of course thats not the only reason) but I do think about it!

· Registered
3,053 Posts
LOL, I wanted to have another while I was still nursing my youngest so I could experience tandem nursing
The saddest days of my life have been when my babies no longer nursed. I don't think it's strange at all to have another for that reason!

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Absolutely! I thought I was the only one, he he. I had so many problems in the beginning and had to supplement for most of the first year, and only now are we having the enjoyment that the books talk about moms and babies having from the beginning. I want to do it again! I even fantasize about triandem nursing! Yipes!!!

By the way, come on over to the Parenting Multiples forum, a subforum under Parenting! We're having a roll call right now, for all parents of multiples to introduce themselves and tell their stories. Hope to see you there!

· Registered
2,040 Posts
Well, not JUST so I can nurse, but that's one aspect I LOVE about baby care. I'd be a wet-nurse if our culture was opne to that. I'm very sad it's not considered an option. I have oversupply, and could possibly provide enough for the needs of 2 or 3 babies!

I am looking forward to:
that YUMMY newborn smell.
those sweet newborn squeaks and noises.
midnight nursing when it feels like we're the only two awake in the world.
Starting EC from the very beginning, and experiencing the closeness and communication.
Sling snuggling as we go about our daily tasks.
Seeing the older siblings grow and learn as we welcome this new baby to the family.

Now, all I need are some contractions, and we can get this show on the road LOL!

Kathryn

· Registered
1,507 Posts
My youngest is 16 and just in the last year of so my longing for a baby and nursing is going away. I had a miscarriage about 13 years ago and I think that grief contributed. I'm 48 and looking forward to being a grandmother. My two oldest boys are 25 and 21 so it may not be too long. I had all boys. I will be so sad if my grandchildren aren't breastfed.

· Registered
3,163 Posts
:LOL I was pretty excited when I found out I was pregnant again because I knew for sure I would still be nursing my children. It seems like DD is ready to wean sometimes.

· Registered
2,758 Posts
I wasn't able to bf dd1 and I regret it. I'm nursing dd2 and would love to nurse a second child/my third child. But dh doens't want one and I can't wait for my dds to sleep thru the night.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Well, I dont't actually want another child. But I am really sad that my last child just turned a year old and that he is rapidly approaching the time he will wean. I will sorely miss the intimate experience of snuggling my baby close to the breast for comfort and nourishment.
If wet nursing were still in demand I would consider doing it.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Since I'm currently tandem nursing (for a year now...after more than 18 months of triandem nursing!), one wouldn't think nursing a baby would be high on my list of reasons why I want another baby.... but it is!
Nursing an infant is so much different than nursing a 2.5 year old or a 4 year old ... I miss those days! I miss nursing someone who doesn't try to have a conversation with my while they're nursing...I miss nursing someone who stays still while nursing ...

There are many other reasons I want to have another baby as well... I love being pregnant, laboring, birthing, etc. as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.