Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the mother of two children who have food allergies and an untold number of food sensitivites. My oldest is 2y9m and dd is 14.5m both are allergic to the same things fish, eggs, wheat (most likely gluten), nuts, some seeds, and milk. Recently they both have begun to break out as a result of tomato and coconut and other mysteries that I haven't figured out. To complicate matters or maybe the creator of the problem is yeast overgrowth. I am learning to change my children's diet to starve the yeast. I'm also working with a naturopath and giving the children probiotics and several supplements.<br><br>
I thought I would post this here, because I'm just beginning to learn how to put all of the knowledge I have together, but habits are hard to change. It is also difficult to think in a new way.<br><br>
So I wanted to know what anyone else in this situation is doing/thinking. And maybe exchange meal ideas - especially breakfast - which to me has meant eggs pancakes with maple syrup and some fruit/ fruit juice - or oatmeal sweetened with a banana. Needless to say that the yeast have been very happy in my house.<br><br>
I'd also like to know what supplements are people giving to their food sensitive children and why? Especially ideas on how to strengthen the gut.<br><br>
I'd love to hear other parents on this topic.

·
Registered
850 Posts
fellow food intolerance baby/mama here. there's an Allergy board under Health and Healing. everyone there is awesome and extremely helpful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mamas,<br><br>
I thought there might be a better place to post that, but couldn't think of it. -Baby brain!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts