Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Every mom's body is different. There are moms on here that said that they didn't lose their milk, and some that did. Everyone is different, and you will just have to wait and see what happens with you and your dc.

My experience - My ds was 27 months old when I got pregnant. My milk supply started dip in my 3rd month and in my 4th month my milk pretty much all dried up. He was still happy to nurse though...BUT....he was much older than your dc and even though bm was a big part of his diet....he was eating enough solids and other liquids that it didn't affect him nutritionally. He was nursing soley for comfort at that point. My colostrum came in in my 6th month and he weaned in my 8th month at 33 months old.

I think you just need to be VERY mindful of your supply and keep encouraging your dc to nurse to try and keep your supply up. But if it appears that your supply is diminishing and this is his SOLE source of nutrition you are either going to have to supplement with solids or formula or both, depending on how much solids he eats. Personally I would opt for the solids...but that's a personal decsion. You just need to make sure that your child's nutritional needs are being met. He'll probably let you know what he needs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.