Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a child who is aware of/can see spirits, both good and bad, what did you do to help support them, teach them how to deal with it, and develop the positive aspects of this gift?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have two that are. My 11 year old and my 3 year old. I think believing them is the first step. Listening to them without judgemnt or any over the top emotions. My husband is not a believer of this type of thing though so it is a balancing act. He is respectful of their expressing what they have seen though. I think you could find some good resources on the internet. It has been awhile since we looked anything up so I can't remember specifics on what sites we found etc. But, overall it is your attitude and the way you react that plays a big part in how they look at their abilities.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My ds is 2 and a few months ago in bed he said his ear hurt-- I asked if he wanted some Reiki and he wanted it on his back not his ear-- after a couple of minutes he started moving his hands back and forth in the air (together and apart) slowly and said "ball" "reiki" which made me wonder if he could "see" the energy betwwen his hands-- either way he was definatly aware of it.(and I had never done that)..the same night after we had done the usual "twinkle twinkle" and other bedtime songs he said "om" over and over again until I started chanting "om" then he said "sheba" over and over and I realised he was asking for me to chant "om Shiva" which is something I hadn't done since he was in the womb/ tiny. When I started to chant he lay down with his head and body across mine so -- I think to soak up as much of the vibration as possible!<br><br>
You asked about seeing spirits and no I haven't had any evidence of that but if you are asking if children are spiritually aware then I'd say some (if not all) are-- the above interaction really suprised me...and I hope it continues and developes.<br><br>
Zoe, mama to Thomas 1-06

·
Registered
247 Posts
My child did it a lot more when she was younger. Definitely saw things she would call "ghosties" and get very afraid. I would always remind her that those angels she saw on regular basis were always around us and the ghosties could never possibly have their way.<br><br>
She doesn't see it as much lately. Almost 6 now... I try to preserve it but you can't force such things

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
My oldest is more than my other two at this stage. He "know" things and sees beings...always has. I can clearly remember him being about 8 months and talking to *something* repeatedly. He has told me when my mother was getting sick again (when she had no symptoms even that she knew of) He has been right so often with so many things when he talks about her in particular she goes right to the doc to get checked.<br><br>
I use alot of energy medicine for him and teach him to do things like EFT. It helps him take some control and makes it less scary for him. He also pretty much mainlines Bach flowers.<br><br>
It's definitely tough on us too because he feels so much more than other people. It takes alot of thought on my part to deal with him in a gentle and respectful way.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have found the Bach flowers soooo essential for dd! We also do energy work with her as well. It's good to know those things help with your son, also. I also have to work hard to deal with all of the super emotions my dd has. Does your ds have intense meltdowns? My dd's breakdowns were what initially led us to understand that she truly was seeing the things she was talking about (although we had suspected this before).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts