Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my DS is 3 months old, and I already have babylust again, am I the only one? Am I weird? I dunno. DH and I are trying to decide when would be the best time for another although we realize its never "the right" time. We were thinking TTC in May, but my babylust is getting worse and worse. What do I do???

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
When my first baby was three months old I had a bad case of baby lust. I thought having them close together would be great. Luckily my AF didn't return until DD was 9-10 mos old and it was several months after that until I had a LP long enough to support a PG. By the time I could get PG I was chasing around a toddler and the baby lust had long passed. I didn't feel ready to start TTC our second until our first was nearly 2yo!! My two ended up 2-years and 8-mos apart and it has been a wonderful spacing for our family. Not saying that spacing would be good for your family, but just posting to let you know the baby lust may pass just to come back even stronger later.
Also, I'm not sure what I would have done had I actually been able to get pg when DD1 was 3mo. At this point I can't personally imagine two babies a year apart, but I do know people do it.
Good luck figuring it all out!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I also had very strong baby-lust when my DD was about 3 months old. I didn't have AF yet and couldn't have gotten PG if I wanted to, but it sure was a strong feeling. Luckily it passed since she is supposed to be our last!
Now that she is 17 months old, I still debate whether I want to have another child but it's more of a mental debate, that strong physical feeling of baby-lust has not really returned. I'm sure it will eventually, especially now that AF has finally started again.

As far as spacing, I'm not sure there is a perfect spacing but mine are 2 months and 10 months apart and it's been great for us. I would do that again or even wait longer, like a 3-3.5 year spacing. I have a hard time imagining kids less than 2 years apart, because IME they are so difficult from about 15 months to 2 years that I would go crazy trying to balance that with a younger baby!
But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I ALWAYS hav baby lust!

Makena is 7 mons and I would have another in a

BUUUT I know in my heart it's not best for anyone or anything right now!
I just LOVE pregnancy! I could be preggo everyday!!!
I think you should(this is what I do) try to remember that your baby needs time to be the baby and to be a little one with all of his mama and papa's attention and that when the time is good for HIM, you can. It really makes me feel better to just remember that I CAN have a babe ANY time and I WILL, when DS is ready too. And right now, he needs me to himself for another year or two.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we concieve in may the baby would be due in february! Come on mamas, lets have a lot of Feb 07 babies!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.